SANCTUARY II

The ship beamed 2014!Thanos, fully armored, to the ground. Nebula walked towards him.

"Daughter," 2014!Thanos greeted.

"Yes, Father," 2014!Nebula said.

"So, this is the future. Well done."

2014!Nebula took off the orange plate on her head and threw it away. "Thank you, Father. They suspected nothing."

2014!Thanos planted his double-bladed sword on the ground, took off his helmet and placed on top of the sword's edge. "The arrogant never do." He sat. "Go. Find the Stones. Bring them to me."

"What will you do?"

"Wait."

2014!Nebula proceeded to find the Stones. 2014!Gamora was watching, then headed over to where Nebula is being held prisoner.

"Tell me something," 2014!Gamora said. "In the future, what happens to you and me?"

"I tried to kill you," Nebula replied. "Several times." 2014!Gamora rolled her eyes. "But eventually, we become friends. We become sisters."

2014!Gamora held out her hand. "Come on. We can stop him."

Nebula took it.

---

Tony walking towards Steve who was unconscious on the ground and said, "Come on, buddy. Wake up. That's my man." He had Steve's shield. "You lose this again, I'm keeping it."

"What happened?" Steve asked.

"You messed with time. It tends to mess back. You'll see." He helped Steve on his feet. They walked up to join Thor, who had been observing 2014!Thanos from a distance. "What's he been doing?"

"Absolutely nothing," Thor replied.

"Where are the Stones?" Steve questioned.

"Somewhere under all this," Tony said. "All I know is he doesn't have them."

"So we keep it that way."

"You know it's a trap, right?" Thor told them.

"Yeah," Tony answered. "And I don't much care."

"Good. Just as long we are all in agreement." Thunder cracked as Thor stretched out both hands to summon both Stormbreaker and 2013!Mjölnir. His casual clothes transformed into his armor and cape, with his beard getting some braid treatment. "Let's kill him properly this time."

The Big Three walked over to confront 2014!Thanos face to face and 2014!Thanos said, "You could not live with your own failure. And where did that bring you? Back to me. I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive. But you've shown me that's impossible. And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist."

"Yep. We're all kinds of stubborn," Tony stated.

"I'm thankful. Because now, I know what I must do." He stood. "I will shred this universe down to its last atom." He put on his helmet. "And then– With the Stones you've collected for me, create a new one. Teeming with life, but knows not what it has lost but only what it has been given." Thor lit himself up. "A grateful universe."

"Born out of blood," Steve said.

"They'll never know it. Because you won't be alive to tell them."

The fighting started, and Thor and Tony went straight at 2014!Thanos. Meanwhile, Hulk was under all of the mess trying to hold up the structure. Rhodey and Rocket were breathing for their lives.

"See you on the other side, man," Rhodey said.

"Hang on!" Scott yelled. "I'm coming!"

---

Hawkeye was running with the Infinity Gauntlet, followed by Adalyn. They blew the place and escaped before the Outriders overwhelmed them. They saw Nebula.

"Oh, hey– I know you," Clint said.

"Clint-" Adalyn began, suspicious of Nebula.

Clint ignored Adalyn and gave Nebula the Gauntlet. Nebula put her hand on her earpiece and said, "Father." Clint gasped and he and Adalyn found out that she was from 2014. "I have the Stones."

"What?!" Clint cried as Adalyn swatted the back of his head. "Ow!"

Clint and Adalyn tried to get up, but 2014!Nebula stepped her foot down on them and pointed her gun at them. Clint managed to position his body in front of Adalyn's, wanting to protect her.

"Stop," 2014!Gamora said as she came around the corner.

"You're betraying us?" 2014!Nebula asked.

With her hands up, Nebula joined 2014!Gamora. 2014!Nebula pointed her gun at her future self.

"You don't have to do this," Nebula told her.

"I am this," 2014!Nebula retorted.

"No, you're not," 2014!Gamora said.

"You've seen what we become," Nebula added.

"Nebula, listen to her."

"You can change."

"He won't let me," 2014!Nebula admitted, pointing a gun at 2014!Gamora.

"No!" 2014!Gamora cried.

Nebula shot her 2014 self and she died. Hawkeye picked up the Infinity Gauntlet.

---

The three heroes were still battling Thanos.

"Okay, Thor," Tony said. "Hit me."

Thor banged his hammer and axe together combined with his lightning. Tony's suit sucked up the energy and he shot it out using his hands and his body. 2014!Thanos twirled his blade really fast to divert the energy. Thor grabbed Stormbreaker and used it to bat 20133!Mjölnir to hit 2014!Thanos. 2014!Thanos used Tony as a shield, resulting in damage to his system.

"Boss, wake up!" F.R.I.D.A.Y. said.

Steve tried to attack 2014!Thanos but was easily shielded away by the Mad Titan. Thor's attack on 2014!Thanos was blocked by his sword. Thor was beaten and choked by 2014!Thanos, as he punched him. 2013!Mjölnir was flicked away as 2014!Thanos relentlessly beat up Thor, throwing him into a tree and socked him before throwing him over rubble and socked him again. Thor tried to grab Stormbreaker, but 2014!Thanos grabbed it and used it against Thor as he tried to defend himself. 2013!Mjölnir started to float off the ground while 2014!Thanos was digging it into Thor. Suddenly, 2013!Mjölnir flew into 2014!Thanos, zoomed past, stopped, and flew back. Both looked on in amazement as Steve picked up the hammer.

"I knew it!" Thor cried.

2014!Thanos kicked Thor to the ground and proceeded to battle Steve who was dual-wielding both his shield and 2013!Mjölnir.

Steve proceeded to charge at 2014!Thanos swinging 2013!Mjölnir and hitting 2014!Thanos in the face, knocking him down. Steve threw his shield and 2014!Thanos deflected. Steve threw 2013!Mjölnir to his shield, creating a shockwave and knocked 2014!Thanos off his feet. Steve went on the offensive on Thanos, throwing his shield first at Thanos and quickly hit it back at him again with 2013!Mjölnir. He lined his arm back up and underarmed a channel of lightning on 2014!Thanos.

Adalyn ran to help Steve and began shooting at 2014!Thanos, her guns doing nothing to slow him down.

2014!Thanos eventually got the upper hand, removed his helmet, stabbed Steve and Adalyn on the legs, and knocked 2013!Mjölnir out of Steve's hand. 2014!Thanos proceeded to destroy Steve's shield with his double-bladed sword and threw him and Adalyn across the battlefield.

Steve and Adalyn staggeredly tried to get up.

2014!Thanos said, "In all my years of conquest– violence– slaughter– It was never personal. But I'll tell you both now– what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet– I'm gonna enjoy it. Very, very much."