Chapter 5. The City of Starlight and two new friends

By the time I made myself presentable and contemplated my future, everyone had finished their lunch and had gone back to their tasks. The only people lounging when I came to the hallway were Skies and the red-siphoned male.

"Hello, I don't think I got to introduce myself, I am Nico," the red-siphoned male now had a name!

"Hello, thanks for saving my ass," I replied.

"Anytime," Nico winked while Skies just rolled his eyes. 

"Where are you going?" Skies asked.

"Thought I'd explore the City of Starlight."

"Ok, great, let's go!" Nico was a bit too enthusiastic about things.

And that is how I found myself in the streets of Velaris an hour later with two new friends, walking on either my side as if flanking me.

"You should have bought that dress, you looked good in it. And that pendant and ring," Nico complained. Skies just walked beside me, a silent, comfortable presence.

"Stop complaining, I will buy it once I find myself a job." I was adamant. Nico just huffed.

"Oh! You have to try this- it is the most delicious cheesecake that you will ever have." Skies said excitedly. I noticed that his blue eyes twinkled and his dimples came into view which made me want to swoon. No one should be allowed to look that cute I thought to myself.

"What is a cheesecake?" I earned horrified expressions.

The next half an hour went into eating and idle chatter. Turns out, they were also around my age and had finished the Blood Rite. Both were excellent cooks (which made me respect them even more cuz come on! Which girl doesn't like a male who could bake her delicacies?).

When I revealed I liked reading, they literally dragged me to a bookstore.

"Wow, you look like you are going to start swooning, I mean I know I look good but try to rein it in Vita."

"Shut up Skies, also Nico looks way hotter than you." I said with a satisfied grin. 

Skies had the nerve to look hurt while Nico howled. "She knows how to bruise you Skies, better tread carefully." Skies just grumbled which made him look adorable.

After my visit to the bookstore- a damn big one- I earned a job there to no limit to my joy. We then made our way back to the townhouse as the two boys called it. 

Later, I was left in wonderment at the fact that I could easily laugh with both of them- with two Illyrian males! Maybe, I gave myself a little hope, Velaris would give me happiness that I have always longed for. 

A small chapter for ya'll , just Vita enjoying herself with two besties who I wish I knew... hope you guys like it. Also, anyone knows how I can visit Velaris???