Chapter 18. Just a pleasant evening

A week had passed since we rescued Viv. My wings were thankfully, healed. Though I still had to wait for another week before I could start training to fly; it irked me to no end. Viv had started her training with Azriel and by what I could see, Azriel as a trainer is the devil incarnate.

Seeing Vivi (and nearly having my wings torn apart) had made me realize that I wanted to enjoy flying too. I was given these wings as a blessing and I would be a fool not to use them. Catherine would want me to be happy and when I met her in afterlife I would tell her all about it- hoping she would experience it from my experience.

I had visited Marcus after dinner, actually the next morning as I was very tired that day. He had seemed so guilt ridden even when it wasn't his fault.

"Hey Marcus," I had said as I entered his flat.

"I'll leave you two alone to talk," Mira who was there (unsurprisingly) had said and left.

"It was not your fault Marcus, Nyx filled me in. As a matter of fact, you saved us from another Illyrian brute," he seemed so sad and wouldn't even make any eye contact.

"You don't mean that. If I was there... your wings..."

"No, I do not blame you one bit Marcus," I said as I went ahead and hugged him. After a second or two, he relaxed and let some of the tension leave his body.

"Really?" "Really." 

Right now, I was sitting in the garden, enjoying the warmth and the cool breeze that was caressing me. Scrunch. I turned around to see a blue eyed male hovering near the door.

"Hey," he sounded nervous- I nearly laughed at that thought. Him? Nervous? No way.

"Hey, training over?" He was helping Viv train along with Azriel.

"Yeah, Vivi is progressing nicely," he said as he came and stood beside me. I hummed.

"She is a quick study."

"What are you doing tonight?" at my raised brows he blushed and added, "I mean.. I wanted to ask you if you would like an aerial view of the whole city... you can't start training for one more week and even after that it takes time to actually fly so...." he looked so adorable- running his fingers through his hair repeatedly.

"Really?" He nodded. "Yes! Yes! You are amazing, thank you!" I could not hold in the excitement as I jumped and hugged him. After a second's hesitation he hugged me back and it was the best feeling in the entire world. I was going to fly!!!

(Skies POV)

I waited as Vita got ready. Her hug had nearly made me stumble on my knees as her scent hit me stronger than a lightning bolt. Cinnamon and jasmine.

"All ready!" she sounded so excited. She saunters up to me and I pick her up, ready to go flying.

She had seemed down for a while now, although Vivi's presence had helped and flying seemed like a good idea to cheer her up. And maybe tell her that she is my mate .....

"Hold on tight," I whispered near her ear as a shiver went through her body. Her hands locked behind my neck and her grip became tighter.

"Wow, it looks so beautiful," she said once we were high up; entire Velaris twinkling beneath us.

"Yes it is," I said while looking at her. She noticed and her cheeks pinked. My heart was beating so fast that I am sure she could hear it.

"Can we go crazy?" her eyes twinkled and the mischief that I had so dearly missed was back.

Instead of responding I just let us free fall a few meters before steadying once again. Vita's breathless laughter filled my ears and damn me if that wasn't the most melodious thing ever.

"Crazier," she breathed. I obliged, flying in erratic patterns for next half an hour; Vita's joyous screams filling the air.

"That was amazing, thank you," she said as we landed on a hilltop, breathless.

"My pleasure," I replied. Her hair had come undone and I couldn't help but wonder how amazing she was, how pretty she looked.

The air seemed thick and the tension tight between us.

"So, how are you enjoying Velaris so far?" I said as I cleared my throat.

"Good. It's everything I could ask for. I mean a pretty city, such fantastic friends..." she gestured towards me and smiled.

"Anyone caught your eye?" she chuckled and simply shook her head.

"Jealous?"

"Me? No.." I scoffed.

"It's getting late, should probably return to the townhouse. Training with Azriel tomorrow..." she shuddered and I laughed, my father's training was brutal I didn't blame her.

"Hop on," I said and she raised her brows.

"Hop on? Really?"

"I don't know where that came from," she chuckled and came back into my arms. Everything felt so right at that moment. 

300+ reads...!!!!! Ya'll are amazing

Vote. Comment. Share.