02

asahi

he stretched as he glanced at some customers who were leaving.

yes. he worked as a barista in the cafe he's supposed to be studying at some university right now. besides, he already dropped out of high school because he couldn't afford the fees. 

he came from a poor family. not until his father abandoned his mother and him. moreover, his mother had a heart condition that prevented her from working. hence, he must generate their family income by himself. despite being unlucky, he adored his mother so much that he would do anything for her.

he pulled out his phone from his pocket, opening a chat with his mom.

엄마

son, im sorry 10.24a.m.                                                                                                                                                 

i lov e yousjkhvc 10.25a.m.

unread 12.05p.m. ??

unread 1.13p.m.  mom did you eat?

unread 2.49p.m.  mom?? dont ignore me ㅠㅠ

asahi stared at his unread messages.

that's weird. mom usually replies shortly after i send her a message, he pressed the phone-shaped icon, attempting to call her.

*bzzzz*

she picked up the call!!

"mom? why haven't you responded to my messages?"  

"..." he heard someone's rough breathing but couldn't hear any word.

"hello??"

*ttuk*

the call ended. he tried calling her again.

"the phone number you dialled could not be reached"

worried, he typed something and sent it to the chat.

엄마

son, im sorry 10.24a.m.

i lov e yousjkhvc 10.25a.m.

                                                                                                                                                        unread 12.05p.m. ??

unread 1.13p.m. mom did you eat?

unread 2.49p.m. mom?? dont ignore me ㅠㅠ

unread 3.09p.m. i tried calling you but you didn't say anything..

sending 3.09p.m. are you ok? don't make me scared

he let out a big sigh, "what the hell is going on?" he's concerned that something bad has happened to his mother.

suddenly, a message notification popped up. he quickly checked the message, thinking that it was from his mother, but it was actually a mass message from the government.

Safety Guidance Text

[Ministry of Health] Heat wave has been issued across the country. Take care of your health by avoiding excessive exercise, not overworking yourself, and drinking plenty of water. If you experience symptoms such as eye bleeding, sweating profusely, very high body temperature, or seizures, please visit a nearby hospital for further check-up.

"hmm?" he looked out. it's not too hot, and even the weather is cool. everything seemed fine except that there were fewer people than usual. strange.

a customer raised her hand, "excuse me! we'd like to place an order," urging him to take their order.

"ahh sure!!" replied him after drowning in his own thought. he quickly put his phone back in his pocket and pull a small notepad and a pen before walking to the customer's table.

:(

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

Thanks for reading^^

Don't forget to follow, vote and share <3