03

jeongwoo, haruto

jeongwoo and haruto were strolling at the park after their classes.

despite the daily traffic chaos, the park was always quiet and clean thanks to its wideness. there were many pathways around it with flowers and grass. most of the benches around the park were usually occupied. children have their playground in which they can ride mini bicycles or drive mini electric cars. adults can use many sites for learning, doing exercises such as playing soccer, badminton and so on... people can even have a picnic on the lawn.

"ah i got an alert text..." said haruto while scrolling his phone screen. 

"again?!! how many times are they going to send it?" jeongwoo mumbled.

"according to the news, around 200 people were hospitalized with heat stroke yesterday. isn't that kind of.. strange?" 

"hey do you know this? actually there's a rumor that it's not a heat stroke," whispered jeongwoo.

"ehh??"

"some people say it's a virus"  "zombie virus!!" he made a zombie gesture and scary face.

"REALLY!?? w- wait are you teasing me...?"

"ㅋㅋ of course not! this is for real!!"

"aahh!" haruto screeched with his dolphin-like voice (although his normal voice is deep) when a man bumped into him, more accurately, his right shoulder, from the front when he wasn't looking. he held his shoulder in pain.

the sling bag he was carrying fell off as an impact of the crash. some books and stationeries were scattered on the path as he didn't zip it. 

he crouched down, collecting the books, "it all spilled..."

"that man.. wouldn't even say an apology? excuse me, sir!" "hey, sir!! can't you hear me?" jeongwoo hardened his voice when the man wouldn't answered and kept on walking away.

"stop it. it's okayy," he assured him.

with a sarcastic intonation, "oh my god... is it so hard to apologize?" 

"i'm all fine. let's just go," haruto said, forcing his friend to walk. "hey, by the way, did you see that man's face?

"no. why are you asking that?"

"his face is pale and he was walking unsteadily, as he was about to faint. is he sick?"

"well, now that you said that. maybe yes. is that why you forced me to walk away? then why didn't you ask him if you think he's sick? 

"i thought i was wrong so i just ignored it..."