george?

hey y'all sorry for being so inactive for so long

this is gonna be different than the actual lore, obviously, but just wanted to give you a lil heads up

anyways, enjoy!

~~~

tick. tock. tick. tock. tick. tock.

the noise filled the small room.

it was all dream knew to keep himself grounded.

otherwise he'd be in his head.

a small tapping accompanied his usual ticking sound, and he spent a few moment trying to figure out where it was coming from when he realized that he had been tapping the hard concrete ground with his ring.

he shook his head to clear his mind and returned to sitting in the corner of his small cell, listening to the seconds passing by.

suddenly, there was a voice in his head.

at first, it terrified him, but once he recognized it, he fell back into his corner, hiding his face in his knees that were brought up to his chest.

"you have a visitor, dream." sam's voice rang through his head.

"i don't-" he tried to speak but had to clear his throat, it had been a few days since he had used his voice. "i don't want quackity to come."

his words came out raspy, tears welling in his eyes at the thought of the day he'd have ahead of him.

suddenly, the sound of the lava stopping and the platform moving started. dream pushing himself as far into the corner as possible, curling inside of himself as much as his body would let him.

"no, no, no, no, no" he wept as the platform reached the small cell and he heard footsteps nearing, the lava falling once more. "not today, please, just give me a break!" he cried.

a moment passed with no answer. dream knew that any amount of pleading wouldn't change quackity's mind, so he continued to push himself further into the corner, waiting for what is inevitable to come.

"dream?" the voice was small, and though dream had not heard it in what felt like years, he could recognize it immediately. his head shot up, eyes focusing on the small man stood across the room.

"george?" his voice was barely above a whisper.

george stood still, looking at the man he once called his best friend. dream looked so small, compared to the last time george saw him. his face was littered with scars, both healed and healing. george couldn't imagine what the rest of him looked like. the blonde hair george knew so well had become long and tangled, even matted in one or two places.

george stepped closer, hesitantly, unsure of this new person in front of him.

dream stood shakily, not leaving his corner.

"is this... are you real?" dream finally asked, tears running down his cheeks. george nodded.

"yes, yes i'm real. i'm here, dream. i... i should've come sooner, what are they doing to you?" george stepped closer again, a hand covering his gaping mouth as he looked over his friend again and again.

as george stepped closer, dream pushed himself further into the corner, so the brunette stopped approaching, standing a few feet away from the blonde.

george used to often forget that dream was younger than him, but in this state, it was easy to see how young he was, his thin frame. his childlike stare. the way his fingers fiddled with each other. the way he stood hunched over slightly.