06 | love n' care

Pulling away from the hug, Oliver kissed the twins on the cheek. "I'll return right away. I just need to go talk to the cops, okay?"

Oliver stands up and walks back over to Ed and Lorraine after the two nod slowly.

"When do you think I'll be able to bring them home?" he asks. Hoping he'd be able to bring them home today.

Ed looks over at Lorraine before returning his gaze to Oliver. "Well, Lorraine and I thought you could take them home today, but they have to come in tomorrow or the day after for questioning."

Oliver immediately nodded. "That's fantastic. Is there anything they had with them when you found them, or is it okay for me to leave now?"

"No, they didn't have anything with them, and yes, it's fine for you to go now. We'll be outside when you're ready."

Before they leave the room, Oliver mumbles a quick thank you. He crouches in front of the twins when he walks back over to them.

"How would y'all like to come home with me today?"

Delilah tilts her head to the side. "Home?"

Oliver was overcome with sadness. "Yeah, baby home. I'm going to bring you two home, set up your rooms, and introduce you to your older brothers. How does that sound?"

Luca speaks up. "We have brothers?"

"Yes, buddy. You two have brothers, and we all miss you two terribly." Oliver responds warmly.

Luca can't help but smile; for the first time in a long time, he feels cared for. "Do we leave now?"

Oliver nods. "Of course, only if you two are comfortable with that. If you are not ready, that is fine with me."

Both Luca and Delilah shake their heads. "No, we want to go home with you."

In most cases, there is no happy ending. The children are mostly not found, leaving their families heartbroken. And sometimes the children are found and returned to their families, where they are loved and cared for, and this is one of them.