𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨: 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘩 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘱 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯

The next day of school I walked into the hallways to see Leo by his locker bummed. He was not in the mood this morning for me to walk with him to school. But he never mentioned anything about a party. And a party he was hosting. That I wasn't invited to. I stomped up to the locker, opened mine (that was next to him), and closed it. Leo yelped and jumped.

"Leo, why do I keep hearing about a party?" A look of panic washed on his face. "That I wasn't invited to? WHY DIDN'T YOU INVITE ME TO YOUR PARTY?!"

"I can explain. Actually, I can't." Leo looked at the ground in shame.

"Oh, and can you please explain to me why your new step-siblings that I never knew about ("I didn't know about them until Saturday.") Leo! Can you explain to me why your step-siblings shot lasers out of their eyes, ran faster than the Flash I'm pretty sure, and flailed around on the ground in silent agony like a fish?"

"They're not my step-siblings anymore, actually. They're been relocated to a top secret facility." Leo said. If we were outside and had come across a pebble, he would have kicked it. Probably fail miserably, but he'll try.

"Why? Just because you took them to school for a day?" I asked them.

"Actually, no. I had the party for them. So they could have fun. Which is why I didn't invite you, I guess. Not that I'm not calling you not fun or anything! ("Good save."). So I threw the party so they could have one last night of fun before they were put back into their display cases." He told me.

"Okay, what the fuck does that mean?" I asked him.

"They're bionic superhuman. Adam, the tall one, has strength and heat vision, Bree has super speed and super agility, and Chase, the short one, has super intelligence and super senses which includes ultrasensitive bionic hearing." he told me. "Now, you can't tell anyone."

"Don't worry, their secret is safe with me." I told him. "You should have known that by now."

"I know. I should have. By the way, he created robots to be in their place, but actually, it's Adam, Bree, and Chase since they switched them. Kind of like a switch at birth thing, but now. So, if you hang out with us, then don't be weirded out by their robot-ishness." he told me.

"Wait. So you threw a party, they got sent away, and put robots in their place? And that all happened in the span of forty eight hours?" I asked him.

"Yes, and this conversation." Leo nodded. "So, you gonna come over tonight for dinner to hang out with them or what?" he asked.

"Sure. After homework.." I told him.

"Cool! It'll be good for them to have other friends besides me." he told me. I just nodded.

**

L

eo Dooley was calling me. Why the hell was he calling me? I'm in the middle of Geometry homework. I told him I would come over after I do homework. I pressed the no answer button on my phone. He called again, and I did the same. A "Reducio!" sound came from my phone. Why the hell does he want? Please answer! It's important!

Leo called again, and I picked up. "Yes, short stack of pancakes?"

"Don't call me that! You're only three inches taller than me!" Leo exclaimed from the other side.

"I'm pretty sure I'm not 51 inches tall. But what do you want?" I asked him.

"Mr Davenport took the fake robots to the recycling center! I need you to come and help me save their lives!" he told me.