𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞: 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘰 𝘢𝘱𝘱

I arrived at the Davenport residence at seven thirty. Just like I did at Leo’s old house. The kids were at the counter eating cereal. Tasha saw me. 

“You want breakfast, [Y/N]?” Tasha asked as I took a spot in between Bree and Leo. 

“Nah. I already ate at home.” I told her. “You guys ready to go?” 

“Yes!” Bree cheered from beside me. 

The five of us left for school right after that. And we walked into the cafeteria for breakfast. And there’s the woman all of us hate with a passion. 

“Okay, you guys. That's Principal Perry. She has the temperament of a junkyard dog stuffed into a really bad pantsuit.” I nodded at Leo’s description. It’s spot on. 

“Hey, you!” Perry pointed at some student. “No tongue rings in school! Don't try to hide it. I will take a metal detector to your face!” and she stormed off. Yep, that’s her. In a good mood. 

“This is it. My chance for romance. On TV, the new girl always drops her books and the cute guy with the soulful eyes picks them up.” Bree dropped her books and a passing by teacher who got up and sent the girl a disgusted look. “Oops! Sorry, I'm new.” 

“Okay, your social life is determined by where you sit. We can't sit at the cool table. But we can be cool table adjacent.” Leo gestured to the table with a creepy smile on his face. 

“FYI, Adam just sat down at the cool table.” Bree said and I looked over. Yep, she’s right. He's dead.

“What?! He can't sit there! That's where the football players sit with the cheerleaders. And they pride themselves on finding very clever places to stuff your pudding cup.” he would know. I wouldn't because of one minor detaio.

“Those girls are actually talking to him. And they can't talk about shapes and colors forever. See ya.” Chase moved away from our group to sit with them. 

“No! The football players are gonna turn them into the 5th food group.” Leo told Bree. 

“It’s not that bad, Leo.” I interjected. 

“Yes, it is! Maybe not for you. But it is! It's a rescue mission. Move in. Move in.” Bree and I followed after him to the “cool” table. 

“Oh, hey, guys. These girls just told me when the football players get here, I'm getting a free pudding cup.” 

“Hi!” Leo said before mumbling to Chase, “Walk away.” Normal voice. “How's it going?” mumble. “You're in great danger.” 

The football players walked into the cafeteria, and Trent, the biggest and most douchebag of all of them sniffed Leo. “Sorry.” he walked out of the way. 

“Good morning, sweetheart. Missed me?" he reminds me of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast.

"I miss you almost as much as my dog's heartworm problem." I scoffed.

"You're cute, princess." I rolled my eyes, but Trent saw his prey. Intried to keep him entertained with what he calls our witty banter. I don't see it. "Hey. That's my seat. Get lost before I use you like a napkin.” Trent told Chase. 

“Chase, we should probably go.” Bree looked and smiled at Tretnt. “He's not very absorbent.” 

Trent purposefully spilled a cup on the table.  “Oh, look, a spill! I think I'm gonna wipe it up with your face.” 

“Think again, bubbleneck. I'm gonna rip out your kneecaps and use them as hockey pucks.” Chase said in a deep voice. 

“Okay, I don't mean to alarm anyone, but I think Spike's back.” Adam moved from his chair to the four of us.