ii. cigs and whiskey

╔═══════════════╗
chapter two
╚═══════════════╝

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾♫ just like heaven - the cure ♫☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾♫  just like heaven - the cure ♫☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

    phoebe looked at her reflection in the mirror as she combed her soft hair. a quick glance at the haggard wall clock would reveal that the time was 11:30 p.m. a house that was usually busy and rambunctious at this time of night was surprisingly quiet, and phoebe wanted to embrace it. however, fate would not allow.

    "phoebe!" a loud knock pounded on her wooden door. "phoebs! let's go!"

    the young gallagher opened the door, taking in the sight of her bruised up neighbor. the boy in question, theodore becker, was aching to get into some trouble, something he could never do without his partner in crime by his side. he leaned his arm on her door frame, presenting a cocky smile with his busted lip.

the sight of his up-to-no-good smile made phoebe's stomach do flips of excitement. "cigs at the corner bodega?" she asked, before biting her lip in anticipation.

"cigs at the corner bodega," he verified, grabbing her hand to pull her out of the house.

"wait!" she paused, and teddy looked at her with confusion. phoebe pointed at her sleeping younger sister, before tiptoeing over to her bed and planting a soft kiss on her forehead. "goodnight debs," she whispered.

teddy then grabbed her hand again and the two teenaged delinquents practically flew out the front door.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

    the bell above the bodega's glass door rang as teddy and phoebe walked in, signaling their arrival to the guy behind the counter. he was the usual cashier: a sweaty, horny seventeen year-old that always fell for the teens' schemes. especially when phoebe was involved.

"well, hi pete," she said, taking on a voice pitched much higher than her natural one. she also pulled down her shirt, just slightly, for good measure. having a curvier form and double d's in the upper region was always a blessing for phoebe in such times.

pete got very flustered, taking a few minutes to muster up the words to respond to the girl. this opening gave teddy the perfect opportunity to reach behind the heavy-breathing cashier and grab a pack of camels. "h-hi phoebe."

     teddy held up the pack of cigarettes, as to signal his accomplishments to the girl. she slyly pointed towards the glassed beverages section of the bodega, wanting teddy to grab some hard liquor as well. he immediately took
notice of what she was saying (after all, they had been shoplifting buddies for a while), and pocketed an ice-cold whiskey bottle. teddy winked at her before sticking the pack of camels in the back pocket of her blue jeans so that he could carry the alcohol.