Chapter 2

“A demonic beast, huh?” Luffy asked Koby as we continued to sail towards the naval base that holds the notorious bounty hunter Roronoa Zolo.

“Roronoa Zolo is his real name… ” Koby said answering Luffy. “But the call him ‘Zolo the pirate hunter.’”

“Scary~” I said resting my callused hand on my cheek.

“Yeah,” Koby said not catching my sarcasm, “He’s like a bloodthirsty hound… Roaming the sea hunting men for the bounties on their heads! They say he’s a demon in human form.”

“You know Koby,” I say cutting into Koby’s rant, “Most of this stuff you’re saying is based off rumors. And for all you know, he might only be hunting people so he has money to eat. Ever think of that?” I asked toying with a strand of my long magenta bangs.

“How can you defend him?” Koby asked outraged, “He’s a pirate hunter! Pirate hunters don’t mix well with pirates! Besides Kai he could kill us instantly if he wanted to!”

“And?” I asked again getting annoyed with Koby’s biased rant, “You don’t know the guy, so give him a break and stop thinking everything and everyone is gonna be like the big bad wolf that’s gonna eat you up.”

“Kai…” Koby said sending me an apologetic look that I brushed off.

“So Luffy, you really gonna ask Zolo to join the crew?” I asked my captain no really expecting a solid answer.

 From the short time I knew Luffy and Koby, both of them were very different from each other. Luffy was a free spirit. He went with the flow, but hated when people he cared for getting hurt. And Luffy would do anything to help them. While Koby was still like a little kid but was more mature than Luffy. He was nervous and had little to no spine. Not that I was much betterfrom what I could tell, but what can you do besides try, try again when the time comes. Anyway Koby knew lots about the ocean and was taking his sweet time getting us to that naval base.

“Cap’n?” I asked again looking to see Luffy staring off in space before he answered.

“I haven’t decided whether I’ll invite him to join yet or not. If he’s a good guy, then I’ll--” Luffy was cut off by Koby shouting

“He’s in prison because he’s not a good guy!!”

An Irk mark finds its way to my head and I slam my hard fist down on Koby’s skull, making a sickening cracking noise. “Koby… Stop it all ready, I have a headache because so you…”

“Sorry…” Koby cried clutching his swollen head.

“Much better” I sighed in content as I sat down against the side of the boat, letting the rocking of the boat lull me into sleep.

~~

“We’re finally here!” Luffy shouted happily waking me from my slumber.

“Mmm… Where are we?” I ask groggily as I rub my eyes

“We’re at the base Kai!” Luffy said dragging me out of dinghy, taking me with him and Koby into the town.

“Good job Koby.” I smiled down at the short boy and pat his pink head.

“Thanks,” he said embarrassed, looking down at the floor.

“Alright! Cap’n you think it’s time to eat?”

“Yeah!!” Luffy shouted marching towards a small dinner called ‘food foo.’ Luffy, Koby and I ordered a fair amount of food and got it fairly quickly. While eating Luffy would try to steal some of my food so I’d stab him with my fork every time he came close. A thing I learned about myself is that I have a huge appetite. I ordered multiple plats of food but I still wasn’t full, I’m starting to get concerned about how I’m ever going to be able to pay for all the food Luffy and I can eat.