Volume 1 - Another Mans Stare Is Another Life Lost

A man touch's Professor Snape's assistant and he's not having it.

"Your too good to me. Come on let's get another one out of you."

It was freezing. Too cold to be walking at a pub in the middle of Scottish winter. Your hair rested on your face as the winds kicked in suddenly. Maybe the bus would have been the best option. The house stood only three blocks away giving you easy access. School would be in session though, Albus canceled classes due to trolls lurking in the halls. It was too dangerous for children and the staff.

As the assistant of Professor Snape, you took pride in having a day with no magic or quills to grade. Maybe you dance with a man and gossip with a women. That's what you used to do in your younger years.

Your heels marked the floors outside of the bar. It was filled with small gray rocks that echoed catching attention to other wizards outside. There gaze took over staring like a hawk. Have they ever seen a women in heels? Was it the dress she was wearing? Ignoring the sudden stares you push past the doors, a bell ringing to catch the bartenders attention.

"Hello! Merlin what's your name young lady!" A man with ginger hair caught your attention. He seemed like a sweet man. His eyes didn't relish with lust just a friendly greeting.

"Hello." You responded shyly. Your body escorted to the ginger man. The stool screeched as your bottom sat comfortably. The mans hands waved at the menu before you ready to form the drink you'd order.

Your soft fingers grazed the menu eyeing the  colorful margaritas.

"I'll take the lemon drop please."

"Coming right up!" The bartender yelled considering the loud people and soft music sounded noisier.

As he draws up the mixed drink, you scanned the floor observing the few people dancing slowly. Men and women grinding against each other. You forget that this was a half club/pub. It made sense to combine two in one. Booths scattered around whist waiters made there small rounds to each table. As you cocked your head towards the dance floor again a glass set lightly on the table. You turned as the bartender wiped his hands.

"Thank you." You worded reaching for the alcohol. It smoothed out your throat combining with lemon and mint. A refreshing chill went up your spin as the drink settled perfectly on a day off like this. He nodded in return, rebounding back to other customers who waited eagerly.

Half way done with the beverage you smiled at the couples on the dance floor. It was a nice view seeing the energy between two people combine in rhythm.

A sudden squeak of a stool echoed next you. You didn't bother looking as it seems to be a regular just quickly catching a quick drink. As you finished the last of what's left you felt a pair of eyes observing the side of your head. It felt magnetic as if the gods were waiting for your next move.

"Ms. Y/LN?" A voice you were oh so familiar with. It was a dark throaty pitch only one person had that caught your attention. You turned your head ever so softy to study the man before her. Dark luscious hair with the same robes that fit perfectly within.

Severus Snape.

Her boss. The man that took her in even if he didn't want to at the start. The two grew on each other then quickly turned into a small mishap. Two days before you stood in his classroom to form a potion you both would be demonstrating in class. As you took your time dropping ingredients in the caldron, Severus stood behind you observing as well. It was quite, yet only sounds of rain can be heard as well as the fire bubbling below the caldron.