Chapter 2

Mare had gone to her room and sat down, trying to clear her mind but the thoughts of the mysterious figure kept coming back. It drove her mad.  She had a cup of water brought there by Lust. She has been in her room for hours, which had made Lust concerned and she had given her the water.

Mare had drank half of it before looking at the time…. Which was around 11:30pm. No wonder she was tired. "I'll finish the glass tomorrow…" She yawned and took her jacket off, leaving the thick strapped tank top to show her muscles.  Using a tentacle, she put it on the desk chair. She laid down and pulled the covers over him, closing her eyes and falling into unconsciousness.

While Mare was asleep, the figure that had been watching her slipped out of the shadows.  Their yellow eye pierced her with hatred. In their mind, there couldn't be two negative guardians. There had to be one. Mare didn't know that the positive guardian ate the apple and threw up the liquid hatred, resulting in them being created. Dream had fled, knowing she just created something just as bad or worse than Mare.

She did, she did create something worse than Mare…. He's like dreams, but shattered. The negative being walked over to the water and pulled something out. As far as he knew, it was poison. He opened it and poured the whole thing in before looking at the one who shifted. The yellow eyed one knew she could sense the added negativity so he left the AU altogether. 

Mare, despite being deep in her sleep, could sense it. She couldn't pull herself awake to check what happened..

The following morning, her alarm went off at the normal time, 5am. Mare sat up and turned her alarm off. Her mouth was dry and she hated it so she grabbed the water and drank the rest down before putting the glass back on his nightstand. 

She got up and stood before falling to the ground on her side, yelping in pain. What was in that? It was fine the night before…. It doesn't matter now, her body was in such an aching pain. She tried moving but it hurt too much to move. What happened to it overnight?

Mare heard a knock at her door, Lust calling through. She said something  before there was a bright flash as Lust had opened the door. Mare noticed the other figure before blacking out…

A few hours later, Mare woke up to see someone laying across from her in the med bay. She was awake and facing her. They both remained silent while gazing at the other. Mare felt this was her counterpart, feeling like she remembered her before. Night, Mare thought her name was.

Night looked at Mare, feeling as if she's seen her before. She has, in her dreams. She had her hand extended to her in it and took it, as if making a deal. She then remembered the Apple Incident… It was the following day. 

The two glared at each other until Lust walked in. She looked at the two. "I assume you know who the other is?" They nodded and sat up. "Then who's who?" He asked promptly, standing to see both. "That's Mare." The princely one said. "She's Night." Mare responded. "Good." Lust sighed. "I'm letting the others in." 

 Lust then left the room to get them, coming back with them behind him. They just looked at both counterparts blankly. "What the fuck?" Dust muttered. Night looked at them. "It's a long story isn't it Mare?" She looked at her. " Yeah yeah, I know."