Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Zoey Antoinette Felix

"Chocolate."

His lips pulled up into an amused smile, his eyes lightened into a lighter grey. The way his expression changed from possessive and protective to amused, and awe.

It made my heart skip a beat, that I was sure he could feel.

"Ch-chocolate...." I stuttered feeling the cold sticky drink being absorbed by my black pajama shirt.

Looking away from his gaze I frowned. Between our chest I was clutching onto a now empty cup.

"I'm sorry." His white t shirt was now stained an ugly brown, thanks to me. Tracing the stain with my fingertips I grimaced feeling the stickiness.

"It's okay." He breathed out, his body tensing the more I touched him. Blushing I pulled my hand back and tried to unwrap myself from his hold.

Only for him to pull me tighter against him.

"Alpha ..." my eyes widened hearing another voice in the room.

Crap! Abuelo! Good going Zoey!

Stomping down on his foot, I took advantage of his surprised shout. As he kneeled down - I brought my knee up connecting it with his jaw.

"Ajax!" Turning back to the men in the room, I growled in warning. Halting them before they could rush me.

"Get out!" Ajax managed to growl, wincing as he rubbed his jaw. "But Alpha." The younger one hesitated glaring at me as he fidgeted from foot to foot.

"He said to get out!" I hissed throwing my empty glass towards them. I tried to take control of my vampire side. They were all out for Hybrids. I was a hybrid for goddess sakes!

"As you wish." The older one with black hair and vibrant blue eyes shook his head as he moved away from my Abuelo's side.

Glancing down at my Abuelo - my anger intensified. There was a gash on his forehead, it was being healed but I knew that one of them had done that to him.

They had hurt him.

Without realizing it, I rushed into the room, taking ahold of the young wolf's neck. Turning him until he crashed into the wall.

He wheezed out as he made impact. I could feel the room vibrate as a mixture of a growl and hiss erupted from my lips.

"Who did that to him!" His blue eyes widened and he struggled under my hold. Scratching at my tender skin on my wrist.

"Who!"

"It was me." My body froze hearing his voice, my wolf whimpered in confusion. A part of me wanted to tear him apart for hurting my Abuelo. While the other just wanted to forgive our mate. He hadn't known he was my Grandfather.

But he's after Hybrids.

This- us, we won't - oh moon goddess.

Zoey I brought some of the men from patrol. We're on our way!

Sunny's soft voice assured me through our link. Snapping me from my anger.

"Leave." Letting go of the small blonde, I turned back to my mate. Ignoring the sharp gasp of the blondie.

My Mates grey eyes were mixed with emotions I couldn't decipher.

It tugged me to him. I wanted to comfort him and smooth away his frown lines. I wanted to make him happy.