Six

In my country, it was decided that at some schools, they didn't have to do exams because of covid, so the students could be graded on what they've made throughout the entire school year.

My school decided to do exams yesterday and I only have one subject because I only need one more exam to move on to this thing called "HF" which is "højere forberedelseseksamen" and in English, that means "higher preparation exam".

I'm getting off track here.

Anyway, I was sitting there, studying for tomorrow and I was almost finished with my notes when my teacher called me to tell me that I don't have to do the exam tomorrow. She's just gonna grade me on my performance throughout the year.

RIP to my notes and the highlight pens I just bought.

On a sidenote... I've got very sensitive skin and I'm not very responsible when it comes to sunscreen. In Denmark right now, there is a warning about the heat possibly being a danger because it's so hot outside for days at a time which don't happen that often here, and last year, I had really bad sun rash behind my ears after spending hours on the beach with no sun screen.

Now I've got a bad sun rash on my left arm and a little on my right from being outside shopping yesterday.

Alright, that's enough about my life.

You're here to read a book so let me introduce to you: Chapter six.

-

"As if she's straight."

I scoffed and took a puff of my cigarette, sitting on the roof of my house, sitting between Adriana and Theo once again.

"I thought you were straight." Adriana grinned, knowing I had told them in the past that I was the most straight person ever.

That was when I was scared of coming out to them. I still haven't come out to them but I guess they can sense it.

"Shut up." I mumbled, causing both Adriana and Theo to laugh. "And she has a boyfriend... a fucking boyfriend."

"I thought you were aware of that." Theo said. "She's dating James."

My head snapped to the side to look at Theo who took a puff of his cigarette.

"James?" I asked. "As in my cousin on my dads side? As in my cousin who's also not your cousin?"

"Well, I've only really got four cousins." He said. "You and your siblings. James is all yours."

"I'll kill him."

"James?" Adriana asked. "Nah, don't do that."

"Why not?!" I exclaimed. "The stupid child is dating the girl I've been dreaming about fucking!"

Theo rolled his eyes at me while Adriana simply smiled.

"He's not a child. He's seventeen. Our age."

"He's still a fucking child. All five months younger than me."

"You're calling me a child too then." She said. "I'm from two-thousand and four just like him."

"But you're from January." I shrugged. "That's only a two-months difference."

Theo snorted.

"I'm from April of four too. Don't start talking about us and our age."

I looked at Theo and slowly lifted my hand, lifting my middle finger as well to flip him off. He rolled his eyes and grabbed my cigarette, throwing it off the roof which caused me to gasp.