Chapter 7

Two flames and an ember

Entering the den hades halted in his tracks. If hades weren't so focused on the shock of his three kids visiting he would have felt the overwhelming tension in the room.

"D-daddy" Hayden(Malachi) said as he leaped onto his dad.

"I thought you guys were never going to visit... it been four years now"

"Yeah, I missed ya!"

"Oh! You guys didn't happen to meet Steph did you?"

"She opened the door for us" hadie(Malachy) said fidgeting with his hands. "First time for everything I guess"

"Hello jr," hades said which earned him Hayden(Malachi), hadie(Malachy) cheerful laughter, and a small smirk from Hayley(Mal)

"Hello daddy"

Hayley(mal) looked at the scene in front of her. Her brothers looked happier than they ever did on a regular Tuesday. Her dad stood a few feet in front of her yet she was frozen she didn't feel to move and she didn't know why. Yeah she so badly wanted her dad to embrace her but she felt paralyzed plus she wanted hadie(Malachy) to embrace their dad as long as he had to, taking care of two unruly twins could tire anyone out even a God. Now that she thought of it she hadn't considered hadie's(Malachy) feelings, she had been acting like a brat and was being a little inconsiderate, willingly she was going to swallow her pride and apologize.

Hayley(mal) was pulled from her thoughts when her dad tossed her up into the air.

"Hello, ember," hades said catching back his daughter and twirling her around.

"Sorry for not hugging you four years ago," Hayley(Mal) said fastening her hold on her dad as if he were to fade away.

"That's ok," hades said wondering why his daughter had a death grip on him, not that he minded but there was just something off.

Steph smiled from her position in the kitchen she hadn't seen hades this happy in a long time.

••••

Hadie(Malachy) hadn't been able to sleep, his brain wouldn't allow him it was like his brain knew that his brother would be coming to his room.

Hayley(Mal) fell asleep thirty minutes before lady Persephone......er Steph was finished preparing the meal in all honesty that's the fastest she ever went to sleep.

"IM DISSAPOINTED" Hayden(Malachi) whispered shouted as he entered Hadie's(Malachy) room, he had to wait until Steph and his dad went to sleep before he could leave his room.

Hadie(Malachy) stayed unmoving, to be honest, he didn't feel like having a conversation with his brother.

"I know you're awake"

"Go to sleep Hayden(Malachi)"

"Did you have to say that to her"

"She'll live, can't call yourself a villain kid if you never heard words like that"

"But from her own brother"