Chapter 2

Damon POV

I'm lost. how should i feel about this? should i be Happy? or excited? maybe I'm supposed to be Scared? How is anyone supposed to react to finding out their soulmate is the original hybrid? A legend known to be a destruction never known before? Oh yeah. Nobody else has to know how to react. he only has one soulmate in this world, same as everybody else. and that one person just so happens to be me. What if....... what if he doesn't really care? What if in the end he decides he doesn't want me, that he never did and never will? what if he leaves me behind like everybody else? Is it really going to be worth the pain? The constant agonising fear that someday ill wake up and he'll have seen what I really am? That he will realise how useless, pathetic and disgusting I really am? There's a word for these thoughts  these feelings  mum used to say it when id doubt ever finding a lover. Philophobia. The fear of falling in love  If i fall, when he turns away I'll burn to an ash I'm terrified to be.

I was torn away from my self degrading thoughts by Caroline. "hey. Are you ok?" She Gently queried. resting her nimble hand on my arm. I nodded slightly, forcing a smile that i knew looked to good to be true. currently We are in the grill having 'best friend time'. i can see Klaus sat in an irritated manner at the bar beside his brother, Kol. Staring into the dark pool of his drink. I let out a sigh. "Can we go somewhere else? please?" I pleaded in a whisper making his head Lift, looking at me in a way he must think is discrete. Caroline understood what i meant and gave me a gentle nod paired with her warm smile. After leaving we ended up just walking around for a while. "Are you sure your ok?" She sighed, stopping me. A firm but soft hand on my shoulder. No. "Yes. I'm perfectly fine. but erm, I think I'm gonna go home though. i'll See you later on."  I said calmly with a more diluted false smile. All of this calmness, joy, it's  fake. I have to keep this fake face for as long as possible. This perky, sassy attitude. She caved, nodding with a  defeated sigh. so I left quickly. Vamping 'home'. Its not home, not anymore, but its all i have left at this point. i went Straight into my room. Locking the door, I collapsed onto the bed. My mask cracking before turning to ash against the pillow. i tried to hold in all of my tears. desperately In need of a hug, but one that I could never except. Slowly, instead, I fell into a restless sleep, filled with tormenting memories and never ending nightmares.

Hey Cubs! Sorry that I've taken so long to update. I couldn't find the right way to continue the story. Sorry it's short. Hope you enjoyed reading. See ya!