2nd Marriage

____

I was standing on our balcony, gazing up at the starry night sky.
Oh How lucky were those stars. Far away from all problems, just shining in the sky.

I was busy admiring the sea of stars when I felt a pair of arms around me. I flinched at the sudden touch but as the familar scent hit my nostrils, my muscles relaxed under his touch.

"Are you tired?" I asked, now resting my full body weight on him.

He shaked his head at my question,"Not anymore."

"Y/n..."

"Hm?"

"The coming days are gonna be a trial of our love"

"You're making me worry Tae...what do you mean by this? "

"Just promise me that your faith in our love will never fade."

"Tae! I'm asking you something!"

"First promise me, please. "

Sighing, I nodded at his plead.
"I promise you. But now you have to promise me something too."

"I will."

"Promise me you'll always love me the most."

"I already promised it to myself years ago, the day I confessed to you."

"Now tell me. What do you have to say."

He took a breath, tightening his hold around me,knowing very well that the next sentence coming out of his mouth will break my heart.

"Y/n...I'm remarrying."

"What?!" I freed myself from his embrace and took a few steps away from him.

"I have no choice,Love..." He pleaded, His heart shattered seeing the hurt and betrayal in your glossy eyes.

"There's always a choice Tae!" I shouted, wanting this all to be a bad dream.

'The moment, I got to know that I can never be a mother. I knew that this day would come. I knew he would remarry to have a family. Why would he stay with someone like me? When he can have the prettiest of the princesses.
But still my love and trust in him, fooled me into thinking that he'll stay loyal. I guess I was wrong...'

"Please don't break my heart like that, love...I'm already broken." He let out, barely above a whisper...but enough for me to hear.

He came closer to wipe my tears but I harshly slapped his wirst away.

"Ok then, go and marry a much more beautiful maiden. What are you doing in my chamber? Get out!" I yelled, wiping my tears away...only for the new ones to take their place.

Instead of going, he came to me and hugged my trembling figure.

"I have to do this...not for me. But for you! For my mother and sister! For the people of my kingdom! If I don't have a heir, they may kill me and then kill all of you and make this beautiful land a place of hell. But..." he paused to take a breathe. "If I get a heir, then, it'll be safe within the walls of palace. So, killing me would be invain too."

The next hour, he explained the whole situation to me in detail.

Atlast, understanding that him remarrying can protect his life and for me, his life was most important, important enough to see him with another woman...I agreed.

"You can marry again, but keep your promise!" I let out and looked up at him.

He smiled softly. "I will, my Queen."

_____

In the morning, I woke up only to find the space beside me empty and cold.

'He must have alot to do today.."I sighed. "...but he should've woken me up atleast." Shrugging my thoughts I got up to get ready.

Wearing my gown and fixing my hair, I headed downstairs.

Walking upto the dining hall, I felt the maids giving me sympathetic gazes.

Confused by their behaviour, I stepped in the dining hall.

No one noticed my presence as they were busy greeting another presence.

I eyed the unknown guest up and down.

She seemed like a royal by the way she dressed.
She had deep auburn hair with slight curls. Her skin was as clear as crystal, tempting everyone's whose eyes would fall on it to caress it. Focusing on her face, she had red,plump lips and feline eyes...she looked just like a doll! Through her thick lashes, she was busy checking Taehyung out. I felt a pang of jealousy in my heart noticing how seductively she was smiling at the King and how he even returned her smile. Well no one would be able to reject such an alluring smile!

I coughed a little to announce my arrival.

"Oh come here my dear Queen!" Queen Areum smiled and came to me. Grabbing my hands she took me to others. "By accepting of this marriage you have made me so happy!" She exclaimed joyfully, while I awkwardly smiled.

"Princess Yeji meet Queen Y/n! Queen Y/n meet the King's future wife, Princess Yeji."

My smile dropped hearing her words. But I quickly faked it again, remembering that I was a Queen.

"Let's go my Queen, we have a lot of duties for today."

I heard his deep voice, before a shrill voice spoke.

"But your majesty we have alooot to discuss, don't we?" She emphasised in a fake, innocent tone but her small smirk couldn't go unnoticed by me.

Seeing Tae not move from there, I sighed and left for the soldiers training room.

----

My whole day was spent training new soldiers and practising
Sword fighting and archery.

He promised to do archery with me today but never showed up.

----

The next few days were same...she was in the castle all the time.
And he daily had meeting with her regarding the wedding.
Where does a King himself does this work? Why are there several ministers than?

Since they wanted the wedding to be as soon as possible. I was 'informed' It was in 5 days.

I kept myself as busy in archery and sword fighting as I could. But still the thought of him marrying such a pretty royalty...my heart never stopped being heavy.

My trust in him was taller than a mountain...but they say a man's heart always strays seeing a pretty woman. And she...was absolutely gorgeous.

I kept reminding myself that he isn't doing it because he wants to, it's just for the safety of his kingdom and our family...but was it really?

His actions these days were speaking another story. I rarely saw him these days. Coming late, going early. Only times I would catch a glimpse of him around the castle was with her.

But today, I made up my mind to confront him about my worries. I'm a Queen afterall! Even he has to respect my views.

...

I was walking down the hallways towards the back garden as I was informed that were having their 'meeting' there.

Reaching there, I saw them in a distance.

His back was facing me but I'm sure Yeji saw me as the same smirk from toe day we met, formed on her lips.

She seductively moved her lips, saying something to him...which didn't really feel like a business meeting discussion.

And before I could go further to interrupt them.

She placed her lips on his.

____