6;

+ ~ +

(Dance countdown: Tonight!)

Charles' P.O.V:

I was at my house before school, eating breakfast when my dad walked up to me. I looked up at him and said, "Hey, dad, what's up?"

He looked down at me and frowned. He handed me a folded piece of paper and I looked at it.

---

English: F

Math: D+

Science/Biology: F-

Reading: D-

Extracur. (Art): D-

---

I just stared in shock. These were my grades for the semester?!

I looked up at my dad and he said, "You know what this means."

"No," I said, "How is this possible?! I need to go to the dance!"

He shook his head and said, "Rules are rules, Charlie. You can't go tonight."

My dad then grabbed his coat and said, "I'll be working late tonight, make yourself some dinner from the fridge. Bye son," and he walked out the door.

I looked down in pain, this was terrible.

I just grabbed my bag and walked out the door. On the way to school, I noticed Henry walking down the street with something in his hand. I walked over to him and said, "Hey, Henry."

He looked at me and said, "Hey Charles, what's wrong?"

I looked down and said, "I got bad grades this semester, so I have to miss the dance tonight."

He frowned and said, "That sucks." He looked down at the gift he had in his hand, and looked at me.

"Hey, who's that for?," I asked.

"This uhm, dude I wanted to ask to the dance.."

"Oh, what did he say?"

"I haven't asked him yet," he said, "Here, help me out."

He turned to me and handed me the gift. "Pretend you're the guy."

I nodded and said in a dumb voice, "Oh, Henry, what's this for?"

He shrugged and said, "I wanted to ask, will you go to the dance with me? I really like you, your the best person I've ever met!"

I blushed, it really felt like he was talking to me. Wait, no, I'm straighter than a pole, remember?

He looked at me and smiled. "Thanks, Charles."

He took the gift and said, "Okay, now for reals."

He handed me the gift again and said, "Charles, even though you can't go to the dance, here's this gift anyways..."

"I- I-," I said while blushing like crazy.

He smiled at me and I stuttered at him. I didn't want to hurt his feelings, but I have a girlfriend...

I looked up at him and handed him back the gift.

"I can't take this. I'm sorry Henry, I'm not gay."

He looked stunned and hurt. He just stared at me then scrunched up and ran.

"Wait, Henry, I didn't mean it-"

But he was long gone.

Just then, I realized I was late for school-

- Time Skip -