Part 1

Nick's POV:

We had just come home from Liz an Ed signing the adoption papers. I was sat in my room wondering, why did they adopt me when all I did was hurt them? I loved the Thompsons but did they love me? Now that dad was in jail they were the closest thing I had to family. After dad hurt me, they feel more like family than he does. What he did was wrong and I do not forgive him (no matter how many times I said it was fine). Even though dad hurt me, I still miss Franzellis. It was the place I grew up and my only safe space - I know I have a room but it is shared with Molls which I love but there is no personal space for either of us. Even though I have no space I wouldn't change it for anything. All these thoughts were circling my head when I faintly hear Liz.

Liz: Kids Dinner!

Molly: Coming mom

Nick: I'll be down in a minute

Jeremy: I'm in the bathroom

Liz: Okay hurry everyone I have mad a specially cooked meal just the way we all like it.

I was so exited. I haven't had a home cooked meal in months. There was one more thought going through my mind was what do I call Liz and Ed? Before I left and they found out everything about my dad, they said they wanted to adopt me. Ed wanted me to be his daughter and always tells me he loves me. Ed was always there from the start just like Molls but Jeremy and Liz were a little suspicious at the start but still tried to welcome me. This while new family thing is confusing. I don't know if I can trust them, but at the same time I think I love them.

At the table...

Ed: Hi everyone this is the first dinner we have had again re-united with the full family and the first time Jeremy has come out of his room

Everyone laughs*

Ed: I have really missed this and you Nick.

Liz: Nick, this whole family has fallen apart without you, Molly hasn't been volunteering, Jeremy hasn't come out of his room, Ed has just been depressed and me I have really missed you and my restaurant hasn't gone anywhere.

Nick: I have missed you all so much I hope you can forgive me and eventually trust me.

Molly: Nick, I have missed you so much there is nothing I want more than to be your best friend again

I was shaking and hoping by this they all loved me but I could be wrong. I don't want to sound awkward or make a scene but I am very nervous staying here. I tend to keep to myself but sometimes it's hard. One thing I knew was Molly will always trust me.

Nick: thank you everyone and thank you Liz for making this amazing food it was so delicious.

Jeremy: Thank you mom

Ed: Thanks Liz

Molly: Mom this was so amazing I love pizza

Liz: your welcome everyone and extra cheese as always

Nick: I love cheese

Everyone laughs*