The Offer

Your job was working as an assistant for the well-known business man Rafe Adler. It was a tough, exhausting job with nearly little to no free time, but it was well paid.

You were working there for nearly a year now which you were surprised that you even lasted that long. In the beginning you could tell that he was only testing the waters with you, but after some time he had gotten accustomed to you and actually found you useful. He trusts you with a lot of the things you do, and you were happy for that.

You stood by the door of his office, one hand full with a cup of coffee and the other was quickly adjusting your hair and clothes so you wouldn't look like a mess. You opened the door and noticed Rafe sitting by his desk filling some paper work. Your heart immediately skipped a beat as you looked at him, already starting to feel slightly nervous. His brown hair was slicked back like it always was, and he wore a black shirt with black jeans that fit him really well.

He gave you a quick glance and watched as you gave him the coffee. "Thank you," he said in return. "Have you moved the meeting?"

"Yes, Mr Ericson will come at 6pm" You replied.

"6pm... that'll do." He said to you while handing you a thick stack of papers, "I expect these to be done by 6. I need them for the meeting,"

Your eyes widened at the pile he gave you, "Anything else?"

"Nope, thanks," he said.

You took the papers and exited his office, walking to your own desk wondering how the hell you were going to finish these by 6. The weight was practically draining your hand strength already.

You started working straight away, not wanting to waste anytime or disappoint Rafe.

Minutes felt like hours, and your brain felt fried from all the paperwork. Your fingers could barely feel anything and your shoes hadn't met the floor at all for hours. You glanced up at the clock, and it was nearly 6pm.

You finished off the very last paper and stood up from your chair. Your legs felt like a drunk mans but you quickly gained your composure while walking over to Rafe's office. You could see him already getting up from his chair while getting ready for the meeting. You opened the door and handed him the stack of papers, feeling the tips of your fingers slightly touch making your heart jump slightly.

"Thanks," Rafe said to you as you smiled back in return not having the strength to say anything back to him. You turned around and walked out of his office until you could feel Rafe's hand on your shoulder. "Wait," he said quickly. You turned around, curious about what Rafe had to say but also blushing at the sudden contact.

You scanned his face which had a sense of urgency and seriousness to it. "I need to speak to you after I finish the meeting. It's very important," he said demandingly, his tone very serious as well.

"Ok," you replied, trying to hide the hint of worry that crossed your mind. Was he going to fire you? Did something bad happen to him?

He walked passed you making his way to the meeting, the faint scent of his cologne being present. You couldn't get enough of this curiosity that was overwhelming you. "What is about?" You asked him.

Rafe looked around him quickly, checking how many people were near. He sighed and shook his head. "I can't say it now. I'll see you later."
You watched him as he walked away, wondering what the hell he was going to tell you. You thought for a bit, just thinking what it could be. It can't be anything bad right?

You walked over to your desk with the thoughts still engulfing your mind, wanting the meeting to end as fast possible, wishing that you couldn't gotten more answers from him. You were scrolling impatiently through your phone since you didn't have anything better to do. At this hour nearly half the people were gone so it felt a bit empty, even you wouldn't usually stay for this long.