Flight

Today was the day do the flight. For this past week Rafe let you not to come into work at all but focus entirely on Henry Avery's treasure.

He sent you countless amounts of documents, pictures and evidence of everything he knew about Henry Avery and the treasure. Even the photo of the cross at the auction were engraved into your mind too well.

Other than the treasure, Rafe had briefly informed you on Shoreline, a military organisation he hired that is helping him find the treasure.

This whole offer definitely has surprised you, but you only just realised how much time and effort he spent into this. This wasn't a one way trip to Italy with maybe a few other places you could've went to. This was a whole expedition. A whole treasure hunt that he spent years working on, while at the same time running a business. You had no idea how he managed to do all of that.

You sat down in the seat of the plane and relaxed. You didn't plan on doing any work or trying to find out anything more on Henry Avery's treasure as you guessed this would be one of the few times where you could rest.

You were looking out of the window, staring endlessly into the distance wondering when Rafe would come.

"You're already here," a familiar voice said.

You turned around to see Rafe, who was seating himself on the seat next to yours. He looked very good, his dark hair was slicked back as usual with the sunlight uniquely shining on his eyes making his blue orbs stand out.

"I'm sorry it took me so long. There was a lot of traffic on the way," He shifted in his seat, taking his phone out checking the time.

"Rafe," You turned your head around to look at him. 

"Yes?"

"What if you don't get the cross, what happens next?"

"What do you mean? There's no way that I wont get the cross." Rafe said. "I'll have it no matter what,"

"Ok, but what if someone else is trying to get it," you suggested.

"What are you trying to say?"

"Well...you mentioned something about working with some other people to get the cross. What if they're gonna be their as well?"

Rafe's expression changed. He thought to himself for a few seconds before continuing to talk. "That was a long time ago. It's impossible for any of them to be there. At least not by themselves," he said the last bit sort of to himself.

You nodded, hoping that you were able to get a bit more out of him.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that there's going to be someone else joining us," Rafe said studying your reaction.

"You already talked about shoreline,"

"Im talking about their leader, Nadine Ross. She is also my work partner. She'll be there in Italy too."

"Oh," you didn't know that he had another work partner. And there definitely was a reason as to why he just told you about her a few hours before being in Italy.

"How did you just remember that?" You questioned him.

"I didn't know if it was the right time. She can be a... hard person to work with sometimes,"
He adjusted in his seat.