The Auction

You got out of the limousine and looked at the estate. There was a large fountain in the middle of the parking lot, surrounded by many expensive cars which seemed to increase by the second. Several upper-class people were standing outside, to which you were surprised how many were there.

"This place is...big," you said in awe.

"Yeah," Rafe took a second to look at it. "Come on, we have a cross to buy," He placed his arm out for you to hold.

You laughed lightly at his action, thinking that he was joking.

"Why are you laughing? I'm serious,"

"Rafe...," you said slightly surprised. You eventually placed your arm around his, blushing a bit by his touch. You could even smell his cologne. You didn't think much of being this close to him, as it was probably a social standard for an event like this.

You entered the villa with many body guards standing by the entrance. Statues were engraved onto the wall, with chandeliers hanging on the ceilings surrounded by old paintings.

As you entered the main hall, a great number of people were already there. Waiters were walking around handing people drinks, with faint techno music playing in the background. You couldn't deny that place looked really nice, especially with the blue lights that gave it a nice atmosphere.

"Rafe," you could hear an unknown voice call out. You looked around to see who it was, and a woman approached him. She was a bit taller than you, with dark curly hair.

"Nadine. Is everything well?" Rafe said to her.

So this was Nadine.

"Yes. This is your new partner I suppose?" She looked at you, reaching her hand out. "Nadine Ross,"

You smiled at her shaking her hand. (Y/N L/N)"

"Nadine has the order changed yet?" Rafe asked her.

"Yes, I checked the papers. Everything is according to plan."

You looked up at Rafe, surprised at what he said. "You changed the order?"

"I want to get this done with done with."

You noticed that Nadine was looking around a lot, as she was specifically looking for someone or already found someone. "Rafe. I think I spotted Victor."

"Who? Victor Sullivan?" He looked into the direction where Nadine was looking, and seemed to spot him as well. His expression instantly changed. "Shit," he seemed to think to himself for a bit, contemplating what to do.

"Do you think he's after the cross?" Nadine asked.

"Definitely. And if he's after it then the rest of them have to be too."

You could tell that Rafe seemed distressed, but at the same time you were very confused with what they were talking about.

"Nadine, go to him and get any information you can. I'll be at the bar."

Nadine left you two, and walked into the crowd. You had so many questions to ask at the same time. "Rafe. Who's Victor?" You looked up at him. He didn't look the same anymore. He seemed way more serious and irritated at the same time.

Rafe took a deep breath before talking and slowly made his way over to the bar with you. "Remember the people I told you about?"

"You mentioned them,"

"Two brothers and an older man. It turns out they're here as well.  There's... a lot of history between us. I used to work with them to find Avery's treasure,"