Part 3

Scene: Shanghai, Wang Cheng's Car

"What a joy to see you again, I'm so happy you've finally made the trip!" Wang smiled as he drove towards his restaurant.

"Yes, it's a good thing, and this way you'll get your present on time." Marinette looked over at the back age in the seat behind.

"Your visit is my present, Marinette." Wang told his grandniece. "Your mother told me that you wanted to connect with your roots, and that's the happiest you can make me. The restaurant had a lot of guests planned for this week, but I cancelled everything! I took a vacation for the first time since... since your mother moved to France."

"You didn't have to do that for me." Marinette looked at him. "Of course I did, family is sacred!" He replied.

Marinette smiled. "Your English has improved a lot since you last came to Paris."

"I have worked hard so it will be easier to communicate with you." Marinette's phone received a notification, and Marinette checked it. It was a picture of Adrien. "And now I can tell you all about your ancestors, and show you every family photo!" Marinette looked at the skyscrapers, smiling.

"Next time, I'll take you to visit the wonders of Shanghai, and teach you all the Chengs' traditional songs!" "The Chengs have traditional songs?" Marinette exclaimed.

Scene: Shanghai, Hotel Room

Adrien stared at his girlfriend admiring how the light made her look radiant.

(Lol, the first thought coming to my head while writing this was:

Radiant,

Carefree,

Dreamy,

Adrien

The Fragrance)

He was admiring the view of Shanghai, Kalianna standing next to him. "The Bund District is so impressive, Father! Have you ever spent time in Shanghai outside of work?"

"Of course I have." Gabriel replied, while checking a clipboard.

Adrien smiled. "Then there must be some places you could show me." "It would be great to see them together!" Kal added. Gabriel stiffened and hesitated before speaking. "I... suppose. But before we do, I have some details to work out for tomorrow's opening night."

Adrien's face was saddened. "I guess I'll just stay at the hotel and wait for you..." He said sadly as Anna patted his shoulder.

Gabriel put a hand on Adrien's other shoulder. "On the contrary, take advantage of this beautiful day to walk around with Kalianna. I'll join you in the early afternoon." Adrien smiled as Kali kissed his cheek.

Scene: Shanghai, Thousand Delights Restaurant

"So your great-great-great-grandfather designed dresses for the Beijing opera performers." Wang told Marinette.

A notification came from Marinette's phone. The bluenette opened and saw Kali wrapping her arms around a slightly blushing Adrien. Marinette frowned.

"Marinette!" Bastille squeaked in her face. "Gah!" Marinette shouted. "Marinette, it's Marinette!" The bird flies over to Wang. The man laughed. "Yes, Bastille, I'm very proud to finally introduce my grandniece Marinette to you!"

Marinette recovered from the surprise. "Nice to meet you, uh... Bastille!"

"Bastille has always been in the family, look!" Wang showed Marinette the family photos. "He was already there with Grandpa Yan and Granny Mei Chei, and with Xia Bing, your mother."

"Xia Bing?" Marinette asked.

Wang nodded. "Yes. She only took the name Sabine when she moved to France."

Marinette moved closer. "Wow... I've never seen that photo of Mom."

The girl looked over at another photo. Her mom was in her teens, smiling in the photo, and next to her was a woman, who had black hair and features strikingly similar to Kalianna's.

Marinette pointed to the woman. "Isn't that Mrs. De-Sinclair?" Her great uncle examined the photo. "Yes, that is Victoria. She and your mother were best friends during high school, but they lost contact after she moved to Paris."

"Magic ingredient! Magic ingredient!" Bastille repeated.

"Yes, Bastille, I haven't forgotten." Wang turned to his grandniece. "Do you remember my style of cooking?"

Marinette turned to him. "Huh? Uh... Oh, right, you always improvise around something that fate brings you." Marinette laughed. "And today, fate has brought you, Marinette."

The bluenette hesitated. "But... I don't have any ingredients on me." Her phone received another notification, and Marinette checked it with a nervous giggle.

It's another photo of Adrien. He was smiling with his bodyguard and Kalianna, the trio wearing a filter. Marinette gasped. "I know! I could go for a walk and see if fate brings me Adri- I mean, a magic ingredient!"

"Aren't you afraid of getting lost? You don't even speak Mandarin!"

"I won't get lost. I have my phone. It has a GPS and a translator." Marinette replied, while showing him her phone. "Very well, but don't go too far. You can find everything you need in the neighborhood." Wang told Marinette as she ran off. "I'm sure our meal tonight will be very special indeed!" Bastille squawked.

Scene: Shanghai, Street

"You want to put Adrien in a soup?" Tikki asked her owner. Marinette laughed. "Of course not, Tikki. We're gonna look for a magic ingredient and make most of our little walk to go say hi to Adrien."

"You mean 你好?" (Hello in Chinese, Ni Hao).

Marinette looked at her kwami. "You speak Mandarin?" "Of course!" The kwami of creation replied. "Kwamis speak all languages." Marinette nodded. "Um, yeah, that makes sense. You never know who your next holder's gonna be."

"And how will you find Adrien?" Tikki asked. The bluebelle-eyed girl showed Tikki her phone. "See? It's easy. We're here, he's there, we just need to follow this map."

Marinette smiled confidently. "This is gonna be super easy!"

Scene: Shanghai, Bund District

Adrien is walking with his bodyguard and Kali.

Chung noticed them and walked over. "Hey, aren't you Adrien Agreste, the famous model?"

"And aren't you Kalianna De-Sinclair?" Kang shows them his phone, which showed a magazine cover where Anna and Adrien were modeling together. "Can I take a photo with you two?" Adrien's bodyguard steps forward menacingly, but the blonde stops him.

"Please, let them, I don't mind." The boys run over to them enthusiastically and start taking selfies.

Adrien's bodyguard looked around and noticed a stand with superhero action figures. He sneaked away and took some. He turned around and saw that Adrien and Kal saw him so he hid the figures. Adrien smiled, and Kalianna went up to the booth and placed 250 Yuan on the table.

"請各取一個!" ("One of each please!") The noirette said.

"Hey!" Jiao motioned to the girl, pointing at the river. Anna gave the bodyguard another smile before walking over to them.

Scene: Shanghai, Wu Shifu's School

Gabriel walked towards a waterfall behind the school.

He pressed a camouflaged button, opening a secret passage behind the waterfall. Then he dialed Nathalie. "I'm here, Nathalie. Now all I need is to find the perfect person to akumatize."

Sorry Kalianna isn't being included much in these first few chapters, but, don't worry, she will be included more. 

-Sushiaina