Introduction

Do you see that guy sitting over there? Yeah, that one in the middle of the café, with his face buried in the menu?

Yeah, that’s my friend Ted. Ted Bambler.

He’s a nice guy, the nicest you’ll ever meet, in fact. You see, he’s one of those people who are always able to chat up others, to light up their faces in a smile, no matter their mood.

That’s what he has been doing with me since we were children in elementary school. And he still does it today, now that we’ve graduated from college and are starting to find our way in adulthood.

He is such a bright light, a busybody able to interact socially with people with a breeze, charisma oozing off of him like it came out of a bottle of cologne.

But I’m not like that. Partially because I don’t wear cologne. I much prefer my perfume.

(That means I’m a woman, by the way.)

But anyway, I’m getting ahead of myself. You don’t really need to know about me yet. This is really the tale told by me—Christi Grainger —and my friend Josh Arron. And we might be the ones telling it, but it’s really the story of our friend Ted.

Anyway, Ted.

You can probably guess some things about him: Statuesque, facial features with rugged lines, medium lips and a charming and disarming smile. His wavy black hair is almost always slicked back and parted in such a natural way, as though a wind blew through it and it just was. Just perfect.

He’s toned, both in musculature and skin pique, just one of those people who come out naturally beautiful out of the box, well rounded athletic bodies that you instantly recognize and drool over. Even if that body is the same sex as yours.

God!

And, yeah, you might even call him that.

And you might think that the way I’m talking about and describing Ted mean that I have a super huge crush on him and am sitting over here on the sidelines, pining for a relationship with him.

That’s not the case.

(Well, OK, sometimes it is. He’s so handsome.)

But no. Ted is my best friend.

And like I said, this is really his story.