Chapter 30 - White Wolf Spirit

Alexis woke up with the sun shining brightly on her.

Her body felt numb, which made her feel some sort of relief.

She'd take the numbness over the mind-crushing pain anytime.

While trying to get up, she found herself too weak to even move.

She tried moving her head to check her surroundings but even lifting her head seemed impossible.

She scanned her surroundings with her eyes only and quickly realized she wasn't at the same place she remembered passing out last night.

As if I even remember where I was considering the colossal pain I felt yesterday. She thought bitterly.

She tried getting up again and groaned, feeling the soreness in her muscles.

Where the hell am I?

"Somewhere safe."

Alexis jumped at the voice that suddenly invaded her thoughts.

She tried to speak, but her throat was too sore. She decided to try and speak to the voice telepathically.

Who is this?

"Don't tell me you have forgotten me again." The voice mocked her.

She held her breath as she felt her heart speed up.

Aala

Memories from last night came flashing back.

"In the flesh" The voice seemed to respond to her and laugh. "Hmm... perhaps those are a bad choice of words" Aala joked, laughing.

Where are you? Alexis asked her, trying to look around but not finding the wolf.

"I think you already know the answer to that question, Alexis."

Alexis could only shake her head in denial.

"Come... I'll show you."

I... I can't. My body. It's...

Aala interrupted her before she could finish the thought. Yes, you can Alexis. Meet me at the lake.

Alexis could feel an emptiness within her signaling that Aala had cut their connection.

She groaned. She didn't even know where the lake was.

She tried standing but failed. She decided to simply crawl to whatever lake Aala was talking about.

She crawled past a few trees until she finally saw the lake.

It made her smile.

It was the lake from her dreams.

Once she got there, she couldn't find Aala anywhere.

Aala?

She tried mentally calling out the wolf a couple of times before she gave up.

Looking down at the lake's beautiful blue waters she felt her heartbeat speed up again.

She slowly crawled to it and looked down at the lake.

Staring back at her was a beautiful pure white Wolf.

What

the

fu-

...

Alexis jumped back, the wolf jumping back at the same time.