Chapter 5 - Speechless

She woke up to the sound of birds chirping and soft rays of sunshine that insisted on coming through the curtains.

Wait.

Since when she had red curtains?
She tried sitting up but something heavy was around her waist. She could now feel soft breathing against her hair, making her shiver. Alexis shifted her body around to try and see who she was lying next to.
Alexander was peacefully sound asleep, his breathing even. He looked even more handsome asleep, his face peaceful and innocent.
She tried to contain the urge to kiss his pouty lips and checked her surroundings.
She was still wearing her dress from yesterday and he still wore his jeans, but his shirt was nowhere to be seen.
Ugh thank god we didn't sleep together that would have been messy.
She tried removing his arm from her stomach, but it only made him pull her closer, burying his nose on her neck. She got goosebumps and involuntarily sighed in content.

This is wrong. He is seeing someone else.

She tried removing his arm again but this time he threw his leg around hers, groaning.

Fuck.

What do I do? What do I do? What do I do?

"It's cute seeing you try to pry away from me." His deep husky voice made her jump.
"Gosh you scared the crap out of me." She said making him laugh.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you." He still had his arm around her, but he retrieved his foot.

They stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds, he had an unreadable expression. His eyes drifted to her lips, which made hers drift to his lips as well. Their lips were so close, their breathing mingled into one.

She looked up to his eyes again and she could see the lust he had for her.

Lust wasn't enough.

She remembered he had a "soul mate" and turned away.

She got up from the bed and tied up her hair. "Could I use your washroom?"
He pointed to a door behind her, still lazily lying in bed.

She thanked him and went in.

After washing her face and quickly fixing some strands of her mane, she left the bathroom to see the bed empty.
The smell of fried food hit her instantly. She walked towards the source of the smell, a headache crawling its way up her skull.
When Alexis got to the kitchen counter, there were some pills and water on it. She quickly took it looking at him cooking away something that smelled delicious, which made her stomach growl.

"Hungry?" He said not looking up from the pan.
"Starving." She sat down. "Do you need any help?"
"Nah, I'm almost done." He flipped the pan one more time before turning off the oven.

He filled up two plates with bacon and eggs and placed a plate in front of her.
"There's OJ or milk if you want." He said grabbing two cups.
"Thanks." She nervously replied. Guess we're not going to talk about my drunken state last night.

She took a gulp of the OJ. "So..." She started.
"Before you accuse me of trying to take advantage of you." He paused sitting across from her.

"I was going to drop you off at your aunt's house but in the state you were in I thought it would be best if they didn't see you until you got...better." He said.

He wasn't exactly lying. He just couldn't risk anyone finding out she was his mate. Not even her family.

"And you decided you would just be the perfect blanket?" She lifted a brow at him, jokingly.
"I was sleeping in the couch I swear." He lifted his arms as to surrender.
"But... I heard you having nightmares." He winced, scratching his nape. "So, I thought I could help?" He more so asked than stated.