Chapter 11 - Pretend

"Alexander." Alexis said bringing her brown eyes up to meet his green ones.

"Alexis." He said back.

In silence, they both analyzed each other. He looked good. His shirtless sweaty body showed how hard he has been working to keep his pack strong and protected. But you could see the bags under his eyes.

"I was just jogging close by and decided to come around and..." 

And what exactly? She didn't know.

"Would you like to join us for breakfast?" He asked, noticing she didn't plan on finishing that sentence.

"Oh I wouldn't want to-" Her stomach growled loudly making her blush. "That would be great, thank you." She smiled sheepishly.
"Great, let's go." He looked down to her hand, wondering if it was ok to grab it but thought better and walked ahead.

As soon as they were near the pack house they could both hear the buzzing sound of people talking loudly and plates being served.

As soon as they both walked in together the whole room went silent.

A zillion pair of eyes looked at the two, making Alexis extremely uncomfortable.

"Good morning everybody." Alexander's strong leading voice boomed around the big room. "This is Alexis." He put a hand on the small of her back pushing her a bit forward. His touch sparked electricity between them. He looked into her eyes. "She will be eating breakfast with us today." She drifted her eyes away from his captivating ones and smiled to the crowd.

They all nodded their heads excitedly.

"Well come on you heard the Alpha, make room for Alexis, will you?" She heard Dalia say, which made her laugh.

Soon enough the craziness was back and everyone was talking again.

Alexis tried to finish her fruit after eating some toasts. She was drinking some orange juice when she felt someone tapping her shoulder.
Turning around in her seat she was surprised to see a little girl looking up at her. Her dark brown skin contrasted beautifully with her bright blue eyes and curly brown hair.

"Hi there." Alexis said to the cute little girl.
"Hi." The girl said shyly. "What's your name?" She asked her eyes twinkling with excitement.
"I'm Alexis." She said with a bright smile. "And what is your name?"

"I'm Jasmine, but Megan and Darius call me Jazz." She said in a bubbly high-pitched voice.
"Oh and who are they?" Alexis asked curiously.
"They're my best friends in the whole world! Wanna meet 'em?" She asked already pulling on Alexis' hand.
"Hey maybe some other time, Jazzy. Ali and I have to talk." Alexander said in a gentle voice.
Jasmine turned towards him, a pout in her lips and her arms crossed.

"I'm totally telling Meg and Darius you only want to keep the Luna to yourself." She said grumpily, turning on her heel and running off screaming both her friend's names.

"That went well." Alexander said sarcastically.
"Yeah, glad to see you're so good with the kids." Alexis replied mocking him.
Alexander just chuckled and looked at his mate.

"Well... I'll take our plates to the kitchen, why don't you go to my room." He says grabbing their plates. "You still remember where it is, right?" He looked at her waiting for her reply.

She simply nodded and got up.

"Be there in a bit." He said while walking towards the kitchen.

She head for the stairs in search of his room.

She was messing up some papers that were on top of the table he had on the corner of his room.

Seems like he took his office to his room many days in a row.