Introductions

Sara's POV
"Ahem… So then, I think we should all get to know each other a li’l more." The blond man said. "Myeow so? Mom tells me not to give personal info to strange guys I don’t know, woof!"

"Stupendous! A level-headed child who does as his parents teach him! Yet, this is indeed an emergency… Hrmm. Then we must prove that we adults are not suspicious characters… Mwahaha…"

"Waugh… Super suspicious, woof."

"Nothing for it. Well, where should we start?"

Introduction

"Hey, you can keep it simple. Name and occupation… Just take turns sayin’ em." "Let's go with this."

"That’s the ticket." The blond man looks at Joe. He was silent. "Hm, got it. The wary ones can be for later. Raise your hand if you don’t mind blabbin’."

Development

"Hello, I am Kazumi Mishima. I teach at a certain high school… Mwahaha…" "Ehh…? You’re a school teacher, woof? The world’s going to the dogs, meow." The strange child told him. "Boohoohoo…"

"…Name’s Reko Yabusame. I’m a singer-songwriter." "Oh! I think I’ve seen you in magazines! You’re THE Reko Yabusame?!" Joe said. The singer furrowed her eyebrows. "…Dude. Is this the time?" "Sorry…"

"…I am Kai Satou. I’m a rather unremarkable homemaker." "What’s with the stuff behind you…?" The beanie man asked as he pointed at the items. "It’s a frying pan… and a ladle… and a spatula."

"I… I didn’t mean like that…"

"Q-taro Burgerberg! I’m a baseball player! Second-string, though!" "Hwoooah… That’s why you’re so big!" The woman in overalls said. "193 centimeters! And strong to boot, y’hear!"

"…Seems no one else wants to talk. Well then, Sara, how about you try asking things to people you wanna hear from?" The blond man asked. "M-Me?"m"Yep. Unlike me, people aren’t wary of you, right?" I close my eyes and nod. "I understand."

'I do want to question people, but…' My eyes land on the frightened girl. 'I’m kind of worried about her… I’ll start with who I’m most concerned about.'

I walk to the girl and crouched to her level. "Are you okay…?" I ask. "Aaaaa… ooooh…" "Don’t be afraid. I won’t do anything…" I say with a soft voice. I sit next to her and gently place my hand on her trembling back…

"Aah…?" She jumped at the action and looked at me. She sniffed. "… T-thank you very much…"

It seemed she calmed down a little.

'I’ll try talking to her again, later…' I stood up and walked to the blond man. "Huh? Did I not introduce myself?" He asks. I shake my head. "No."

"My name’s Keiji Shinogi. Workin’ as a policeman." Joe's eyes widened at his introduction. "Huh?! Police?!" "You got it. So don’t trouble your friendly policeman... Well, not that I’m really that sort of cop."

"T…Then you should have mentioned that sooner!" "I got abducted in the middle of an investigation. It was tough to find a chance to spill it." Joe looks down in regret. "Shouldn’t have been wary… Dammit…"