Chapter 45

^^^Amanda's POV^^^

General Wells drags me all over base, but soon stops at a ... restroom? "What are you doing?" I question dryly.

"Just thought you wanted to use the bathroom- I'm trying to be nice here!" He acts offended, making me even more annoyed.

"I'm fine." I say bluntly, not caring if he likes my attitude or not.

"Come on, then; we have a long day ahead of us." He winks sarcastically, chuckling loudly.

"Can't wait." I mumble quietly, he doesn't hear it though.

He pulls me to another stop. This time, Harry's door. "No, you will not hurt him." I seethe.

"I don't have to," he laughs, pointing towards the small window.

Two guys are beating Harry, he looks near unconscious. "Stop! Don't hurt him!" I scream, banging on the door. "Shit, stop!" I try to open the door, but it's locked.

Tears roll down my cheeks. Finally, the two men look up, looking directly at me. "Stop." I mumble weakly.

They look down at Harry, who can barely even move. They look at each other, nodding, walking out of the room.

I put my foot in the middle of the door before it closed. I run up to Harry, immediately kneeing down. "Harry.." I mumble, tears falling to his cheeks.

"Don't cry over me, baby," he coughs roughly. "I'm not worth it.."

"Stop talking like that! Of course you are- what did they do to you?" I almost let a sob escape my lips.

"They said you were dead.. So I.. So I tried to punch him.." He pauses frequently, making my heart hurt worse.

"Harry..." I look to his eyes, they're barely open. "Don't close your eyes, Harry! I love you." I let out a sob.

"I don't think I can.. Amanda, promise me one thing." He says quietly, his voice frail.

"Stop talking like you're going to die, you're not!" I sob into his chest, hugging him tightly.

"Promise me that you will get your memory taken, so you won't go through pain when I don't make it"

"Harry, no, you're not going to die." I'm continuously sobbing, not knowing what to do or say.

"No-"

"Promise me," he tried to say more firm, but it still comes out as a weak whisper.

"I'll be there wherever you are, Amanda, remember that." He presses his cold, trembling lips to my forehead softly.

General Wells comes up behind us, clapping as if it were a show. "Bravo, guys, really had me going for a moment."

"Don't hurt her," Harry says, coughing his breath up.

"Why? You wouldn't want her to end up like you?" He says mockingly.

He then kicks me in the chest, causing me to fall on my back with a loud cry. "Stop!" A sudden voice comes behind us.

Louis.

"Why are you here?" General Wells asks his son- my brother.

"You're a monster.. You are hurting innocent people who don't deserve this." Louis finally speaks up.

"What? I thought you were on my side?" General Wells boasts.

"I was, father, but you are taking this way too far. I'm not going to let my best friend and my... Sister," he looks at me, smiling sadly, "get hurt because of you."