Chapter 30

^^^Amanda's POV^^^

I slowly open my eyes, blinded by the brightness of the room.

"Hello, I'm going to ask you a few questions, okay?" A lady with a lab coat says, taking out a pen and a clipboard.

"What's your full name?"

"Amanda Nicole Franks." I answer weakly, my throat is so dry. I need some water.

"Do you remember what happened?" She writes something down, looking my straight in the eye.

I vaguely remember reading the note from my mother and grabbing the knife.. "Yes," I almost whisper.

"Now, do you know Harry Styles?" She clicks her pen again, scribbling down something.

"Yes," I repeat.

"Before I leave, do you need anything?" She asks me.

"Water, please." I nod.

She hands me a glass of water, full of ice.

A knock comes from the door.

"Someone wants to see you." She says, looking at the door.

I expect to see Harry, but to my utter disappointment, Louis walks in with a huge smile on his face. "What do you want?" I grumble,

"Nice to see that you're awake." He taunts me.

"Why are you in here?"

"Just remember, I haven't forgotten about our deal." Why does he bring this up? "And it looks like it is going to be even more challenging."

"Why?" I ask warily.

"No reason," he smirks.

"Okay. You may leave now. Thanks for coming." I say sarcastically.

"Just one more question," Louis starts, sitting down at the edge of my bed. "Do you have feelings for Harry?"

"I don't know." I answer honestly.

"Well-" he is cut off by a loud knocking.

"Come in!" I try and tell, but it comes of as a scratchy pant.

My mom walks through the door. "Mom!" I smile. "What are you doing here?" I ask her once she wraps her arms around me.

"Harry came and told me," she smiles. Harry did that for me?

Louis has already left the room, thankfully.

"Listen, about Harry-" she starts, debating whether to tell me or not.

"We can talk about him later, I just want to spend time with you." I tell her, cutting her off before she can finish.

"Bryson came up here to see you once. He had been taken and Harry brought him to see you." She says lowly.

"Really? Is he okay?" I ask worriedly.

"He's fine, him and your father miss you." She tells me, smiling slightly.

"I miss them!" I say sadly. "I just want to go home." My voice shakes.

"I wish you could, too. But I hear about Louis.. I just don't want you to get hurt." She looks at me with sad eyes, rubbing my arm lightly.

"As soon as the bet is over, come home." She pleas.

"Of course,"

"Harry isn't who you thought he was." As I'm about to ask her what she means, another knock sounds from the door.

"Come in." I say loudly, seeing General Wells walking in. Great.

"Ah. I heard that you were awake." He smiles, just like Louis had done previously. "Oh hello, Paisley," his smile gets even bigger.

"Wells." She mumbles quietly.

"Have a good day you two," he smirks before leaving the room.

"What a dick!" My mom groans.

"That's a rude think to say, mom!" I laugh loudly, scolding her playfully.

"He deserves it." She rolls her eyes, smiling a little bit.

Another know erupts from my door. Dang.

"Come in!"

A girl around my age walks in, and the expression in moms face makes me wonder what is wrong with her.

"Hi, I'm Kendall. I'm your nurse." Something about the look she is giving me makes me feel uncomfortable.

..

Bitch.

I don't like Kendall. Sorry not sorry. This isn't Kendall Jenner btw.