01

The sky was pitch black, and enormous clouds were moving in the wind's direction. A tapping on the window became a pitter-patter as it got closer.

     As the clouds spat forth their droplets of water, people raced for safety outside and umbrellas were opened.

     Puddles began to form as the rain became stronger. The cars' roofs danced with spray, and citizens inside could hear the rain murmur through their window. It sounded like a swarm of angry bees buzzing all over the place.

     In the midst of the dreary atmosphere, a bright aura emerged from one person as a smile broke across her face.

     Taking a step outside her workplace after finishing her shift, she didn't mind if she didn't brought any umbrella. People around her were staring at her with strange expressions because she still had that majestic grin on her face.

     Rain isn't something you see every day, and that's exactly what astonished and delighted a young girl.

     There was no raincheck, and no one expected rain, but let's just say there was a surprising turn of events, which made it even more special for the girl.

     She then returned to her dorm, accompanied by her daunting yet affectionate dormmate.

——

     "How many times do I have to remind you, Kang Hyeri, you can't just go running around in the rain! You are unintentionally putting your life in jeopardy."

    Hyeri chuckled then shook her head "It's not like it rains every day, Joo, and furthermore! Playing in muddy puddles has always been a favorite pastime of mine since I was a child. If you haven't tried jumping in puddles, your life must be dull."

     "Who likes getting dirt on their coats anyway? You're obviously a psychopath. I've never tried them, but it doesn't mean my childhood was dull; life isn't all about rain and muddy puddles."

     "Well . . . it's never too late to change things to a better one, right?"

     Despite rolling her eyes in annoyance, Hyejoo dragged the younger girl to the restroom with her.

     The older girl frowned as she removed Hyeri's coat, tossing it into the laundry basket before pushing Hyeri towards the shower.

     "Clean up, Peppa Pig. You're forcing me to reconsider my views on excellent parenting."