03

"It was a tragedy to lose a home filled with priceless memories, but I'm grateful that no one was inside and that everyone was safe."

     Hyeri's jaw dropped in amazement as she continued to be in awe. She had no idea Hyejoo had such a fascinating backstory until she was told now. It was a complete shock.

     The younger girl's perception of Hyejoo has shifted as a result of her story.  All Hyeri sees in her was she was arrogant and daunting yet she was kind-hearted and tender.

     Hyeri now considers Hyejoo as a brave person and considers herself fortunate to have her as a friend. Even better, her bestfriend!

     "After that disaster happened, we moved houses. The one next to yours, and that's how I met you as another chapter of my life unfolds," she ended with a smile and slams her palms shut as if it was a book.

     "Whoa, that was epic."

     Hyejoo grinned, crunching her nose as she nodded her head in agreement, "I know right. I kept that a secret to you for years."

     Hyeri pouted in realization, "Yeah, and here I thought there are no hiding secrets to each other," she whined.

     "I just revealed that secret right now so no need to sulk about that."

     The younger playfully punched Hyejoo by the shoulder, admitting that she have a point.

     "But you know, if that storm didn't happened. You wouldn't get to move houses and won't ever meet me."

     "So basically, that's like the best thing that ever happened! Yes, it did take something precious to you but then it will gift you something better. Something you can treasure in your heart forever, even more, a someone!" Hyeri exclaimed.

     Hyejoo was taken aback. She had just recently understood that Hyeri was correct. She would not have met Hyeri, her best friend who had stayed with her for years, if they hadn't switched houses.

     "There are many flaws and mistakes in life. Just think that rains are like humans, it's a beautiful season but it's not perfect as it makes mistakes like accidentally making hurricanes that shatters people's lives. Yet! it can gift you an after rain or a rainbow. A sign that you just passed a challenge in life and now it is its reward to you . . .

     . . . It's congratulating you for understanding the way it makes mistakes and in the end, you forgive them for what they did . . .

     . . . After forgiving, you forget the horrible past as you go on with your life like a normal sunny day," the younger Hye ended with a smile.

     It hit Hyejoo like a freight train, and Hyeri helped her realize that every event in her life has its own meanings and purposes. It was as if it's normal but at the same time not.

     "Well congrats to you, missy; you have rekindled my love for rains."

     "Sure, I did! Wait— does that mean that I can play with you in the rain, now? It's a first step to recovery and the best part is; we can recreate those wonderful memories you had in the past! What do you say?"

     It took a minute for Hyejoo to reply. Hyeri was looking at her with hopeful eyes, internally praying that Hyejoo will finally agree to her offer.

     " . . . It wouldn't hurt to try again, right?"

     Hyejoo's response made a line curve up on Hyeri's lips as her eyes went crescent in excitement.

     "Yes! Now, c'mon before it gets colder and colder to the point you'll change your mind."

~ End ~

🎉 You've finished reading 『✓』 ʏоᴜ, ᴄʟоᴜᴅѕ, гᴀɪп ⁞ ᵒˡⁱᵛⁱᵃ ʰʸᵉ 🎉