Something Olde

The day before the wedding, Barbie was all over the island, taking advantage of the warm and beautiful June day. She and the entire wedding entourage went around the picturesque locations, taking breath-taking shots and wacky poses, all just a jeepney ride away from each other.

"You're missing out staying in this room all day," Barbie said, filling her camera bag with much needed equipment to use throughout the duration of pre-nuptial photos.

"Still better than having to deal with people with foul mouths." Her sister bit back, folding herself between the duvet cover after ordering room service.

"But Brie, you'll still see them later in the venue though." Barbie zipped the bag and inspected her camera that hung around her neck.

"They won't be talking to someone singing. And get off my back! I still hate you two for dragging me into this." She threw a pillow at the female who laughed amusingly at her sister.

Barbie exited the room, slamming the door behind her as she secured her bag in the process.

She first knocked at the guys' villa to shoot a short snipet of their prepared attires and some inserts of the groom's men. By the end of yesterday, she knew at least everyone's first name and their profession.

Barbie could not help it. These men were from another whole different league if they were friends with the groom who could rent several villas for a few days just for a wedding. Being a member alone was a big flex, giving in to his bride's wants was another.

But other than that, the men were really nice and just plain crackheads when they were shooting without the girls. She really enjoyed working with them in all honesty.

"Hey, Barbie!" one of the guys opened the door and immediately greeted her.

"Good morning! You guys ready?" she held her camera up, beaming her brightest smile.

"Oh, hold on." He looked back into the house and shouted, "No one's naked, right? Yo, dude, your zipper! C'mon! We're delaying Barbie here."

"I can just go back if you're..."

"No, no. We're good. We're good." He waved a hand and opened the door wider, stepping aside to let her in.

She spent about an hour in the place, after a few distractions the guys made of hilarious faces and funny banters in between pictures.

Barbie rode the golf cart she was given to go around by herself. It took only eight minutes to drive to the girl's villa.

"'Morning, tita," Barbie greeted the mother of the bride.

The woman, however, was technically their grandmother being their father's aunt and the bride being his cousin. But the thing was, her youngest child was only two years older than Barbie and her sisters.

So, even if the bride was indeed their aunt based on the family tree, they never really called her tita. It was just weird. No other reason.

"Oh, ija," the older woman smiled. "Che-che's still taking a bath. Do you need to shoot something?"

"Just the dress and her accessories. Is the make-up artist here? I want some shots of the make up she will use too."

"Ah, no, they're not here yet. Come in. You can start whenever you want."

Barbie was ushered in the villa. There, the dress was beautifully molded in the mannequin. She began working, moving around from room to room to take photos of the bridemaids.

When she peeked into the bride's room, she found her already in her silk cream robe sitting in front the mirror and a tall man clad in all black was blow drying her hair. She snapped a photo from that angle before knocking on the already open door.