Chapter 22

Mew shuddered in disgust as soon as the thought crossed his mind. The thought of someone touching him didn't sit right with him. Who was he kidding? He knew he couldn't handle being in love with another. Hell he was crying because his heart was in pain. It was time to lower down his pride and be responsible. He dashed after Gulf and got him before he left.

Gulf tried to put up a fight but Mew insisted he come back in the house.

"I know you want to go so bad but it's late. Just sleep here tonight and you can go early tomorrow." Mew offered avoiding Gulf's stares.  The tears were not gone completely.

"I can call P'Ben to get me."

"Nong," his desperate voice shook with emotions and that's when Gulf realized that he was crying.

Gulf felt uncomfortable and it became awkward. "P I don't want to be here." He voiced with a whine.

"I know and I'm sorry. I can leave so you won't feel uncomfortable."

"P this is your house."

"That's why you should stay. I can give you space. I won't come out of the room."

Gulf looked as Mew lowered his pride. Wiping the tears on his face. How was he supposed to react when Mew was being like this.

Gulf quietly sat down and Mew was quiet for a while.

"Go ahead and sleep in the bedroom." Mew offered again but,

"I'll sleep on the couch." Gulf rejected the offer.

"Ok." Mew went to get him a blanket and left the boy alone.

However he couldn't sleep. How could he sleep when Gulf was upset at him and he was in his house. His eyes refused to shut. About three house later, he broke his promise. He tiptoed to the lounge and sat down on the floor opposite Gulf. He watched him sleep soundly and scolded himself for not going to him sooner. He realized how much he had missed and in that moment he was fighting hard the urge to crawl across the floor and cuddle him to death. He sat there until his bottom went numb, until he couldn't get up, until he fell asleep sitting there watching Gulf.

When he woke up it was the following morning and he was so warm, his body aching so hard. He looked around and saw he had the blanket he gave to Gulf and the said guy was no where in sight.

He took the blanket and smiled sadly. He smelled it to catch a whiff of Gulf's scent but there was none. It had been a while since Gulf left.

Tuesday they had interviews lined up. Mew paid attention to Gulf when he was talking. He listened attentively, paying attention to the features on his face, how they moved whenever he was talking. He agreed to Gulf's responses and added some more information. He paid extra attention and Gulf felt it. He noticed but his anger had still not subsided.

After the last interview of the day as they waited to get their pictures taken, Mew started the conversation,

"How are you?"

"I'm fine thanks for asking." Gulf responded and looked away.

"I was thinking..."

The camera man walked in followed by a group of people and their conversation was done.

They proceeded to take pictures with the presenter asking for MewGulf to get as close as possible. They did but Mew left respectable space to not make Gulf uncomfortable. After all was done Mew escorted Gulf to his car.

"I'll take a taxi home,"

"Nong I have something to say."

"You can go ahead."