A New Job

Isabelle's POV:

i was born to two amazing parents. i lived happily in my middle-class two story house with a pool and fireplace. i went to school, i got a degree in government, and ran for my town's mayor. i didn't win. that's when i decided that i would have to move. i look at open government jobs and found a secretary job for a small town with an unknown mayor. i applied of course.

"hello? anyone here?" i asked when i got to the town hall.
"WELL HELLO THAR WHIPPERSNAPPER" i hear an elderly voice yell. i screamed and dropped my box of belongings.
"sorry bout that hehe. in tortimer. the old mayor" i shook the old tortoise's hand, or stub.
"isabelle"
"you the new secretary?" he asks.
"yeah. what is this place?" i ask.
"oh uh... it's... um... i don't remember. it's a village!" the old tortoise says. he may be old, but he doesn't seem very wise.
"well i gotta get to my tropical island with my family. see you later lisabella!" i watch the old man walk out of the building slowly. after about five minutes i hear the loud roar of a yacht and watch the old tortoise sail away on his humongous yacht.

"i wish i could be like that when i retire"

i worked with the new mayor for a few years. it was a nice job, but i was due for a break of the consistent work. i was practically mayor since this "human" spent their time running around and catching bugs. i finally left. i was sad to leave kk slider, my friend who was more than a friend. but i knew that my new job on a mystery island would be great.

oh there it is! in the distance!