❦Chapter 4❦

𒊹︎Loki's POV𒊹︎

My mother and I rushed the girl to the medical wing of the palace, a stable boy taking the reigns of the girl's horse as he approached the palace doors.

We had the girl seated on a bed in the medical wing, and my mother was pulling out creams and ointments and bandages galore. She didn't bother calling in a nurse, knowing that it would be quicker if she did it herself.

"Loki, clean her wound, I'm going to get her a fresh dress." My mother swiftly left me alone with the girl.

The girl looked nervously ahead, and I used my magic to conjure up a bucket of water and a rag to clean her wound.

"This will hurt." I told her as I gently pressed the rag to her back to wipe away the dried blood.

"What's your name, mister?" She asked through a pained wince, trying to distract herself form the pain, presumably.

How did this girl not know who I was? Even though she is without sight, she should know who the royals are.

"Loki Lafeyson, of Asgard. What is yours?" I felt the little girl tense, so she did know who I was.

"That name sounds familiar. I'm Faline." She whimpered as I lathered her back with healing cream, and the next thing I knew, she was limp and falling forward.

I was quick to catch her and prevent her from falling forward, sighing. She must have passed out from all of the blood she must have lost. I'm surprised that she didn't go sooner.

I laid the girl on her stomach and continued to lather her back with the healing ointment. I only looked up when I heard a gasp, my mother's second one of the day.

"Did she faint?" She rushed over to the bed the girl was on with a small Asgardian dress in her clutches.

"She'll be awake soon, she's lost a lot of blood." I taped down the last of her bandage and started to put everything away.

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

As soon as I was let through the castle gates, I started calling out for Faline. I hopped down off of my horse and led him around, asking if anyone had seen a small blind girl with long dark hair.

After asking several people, someone yelled out over the bustle of the street.

"Hey! That's that thief that stole from my fruit stand!"

I panicked as several faces looked towards me.

"Yeah! And she took my bag of grain!" Another yelled out.

I looked around in panicked as the crowed circled around me.

"Please, please I just came to find my sister! I'll leave as soon as I've found her!" But they didn't listen.

They all had started to chant the word 'thief' over and over again, until my ears were practically ringing. This all seemed like a bad dream, a nightmare that you have as a kid, when you think everyone knows one of your deepest, darkest secrets.