❦Chapter 28❦

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

My eyes fluttered open slowly, and I found myself laying in green sheets, my bed. I was relieved to find myself here, glad that the horrible pain that I experienced was just a bad dream. When I sat up, there was no pain physically.

However, deep within my chest, at the pits of my heart, there was a feeling of grief that struck me so deep, it made tears spring into my eyes. I wondered if this feeling belonged to Drakon, but when I felt around for him, he was nowhere to be found. I must have blocked him out.

I looked around the room, and was happy to see a plate of food rested on the bedside table. The door was cold, but I was starving. It felt like I hadn't eaten in years. After all, I did go to bed without dinner.

I jumped in fear when I heard a clang come from the doorway, and I was met with Natasha, standing awestruck in the doorway.

"What? What is it?" I asked, my voice gravelly with what I thought was sleep.

"Y-youre awake! YOU'RE AWAKE!" She exclaimed excitedly, rushing over to tackle me in a large bear hug.

"Yes..... I was just asleep for the night." I smiled in confusion, her making me worried.

"(Y/n)......" She trailed off, her face designing of all color. "You've been in a coma for three and a half years." Her voice was grave.

I laughed right in her face. I laughed so hard that I snorted. What a great actress she was!

"That's funny, you're funny! I've only been asleep for eight hours, nine tops." I shrugged, pulling away from her embrace.

Tears sprung out of her eyes, and she bolted out of the room. I jumped out of bed to chase after her, but stopped at the doorway. I wasn't in Loki and I's room. I didn't recognize the hallway around me at all. This didn't look like the palace one bit. It was dark, and the place reeked of copper and smoke. My nose crinkled at the smell, and my bare feet slapped on the ground as I walked down the hallway in the direction that the red head had gone.

The long hallway was completely barren, and all of the doors were locked. I know this Becuase I tried to open them. I started to panic, and my breathing started to become rapid. Soon, my anxiety crippled me to the floor, and I leaned up against the cool granite stone wall. I must be underground somewhere. It was drastically cool, and goosebumps formed over the thin nightgown that covered my form.

I heard thundering footsteps approach me, getting louder snd louder. In a split second, two tall forms skidded to a stop in front of me. I recognized them immediately, Thor and Loki. I stood up quickly, tackling Loki into a bone-crushing hug.

When he didn't react, I pulled back in confusion. His face had acquired a few more wrinkles, and he had the same grave expression that Natasha had. I pushed myself away from him, looking up at him with slight fear. I glanced over to where Thor stood. His hair was no longer shoulder length, and it had been roughly cut. Not to mention that he had a golden eye patch over his right eye.

"W-what'a going on? Where are we?" I asked, fear seeping into my voice.

"Loki, get her dressed, and then bring her up." Thor spoke sternly but softly.