❦Chapter 13❦

𒊹︎Your POV𒊹︎

I arose from my slumber bright and early, throwing on an old maids dress since I'd be rushing around doing all of the dirty work today. I grabbed my apron before I ran out, making sure to shut the door softly so that I wouldn't wake Faline.

I drew Frigga a bath, and she kept me busy until the middle of the day, asking my opinion, running errands, upon other things. I finally had some time to myself while the royal family was sat down for lunch, and I stuffed my face as quick as I could, knowing that this would be the last moment of free time that I had before I had to help the Queen get ready for the hall at dusk.

As I'd cleared my plate, I made my way into the royal dining hall, picking up empty dishes and leftovers and such as the last members of the family left, helping the other maids out. Once the last of the cutlery was off of the table, I dismissed the rest of the ladies and started to wipe the table down myself.

I was furiously scrubbing at a sticky spot on the table, when I heard almost silent footsteps come up behind me.

"Yes, Loki?" I smirked, knowing it was him, but not looking up from my task.

"You're getting better, love." He spoke approvingly, and I glanced up at him briefly, moving to a different section of the table.

Now, we were opposite of each other, and he went to lean on the table, when I scolded him.

"I just cleaned that you dim-wit. What do you want?" I chided him playfully, and he almost pouted at me.

"Mother has requested your presence in her chambers." He acted as if he was bored when I walked over to his side of the table.

"Well this looks like you'll have to do this.... I'll see you tonight!" I pushed the rag into his chest, and gave a fleeting kiss to his cheek as I skipped through the doors, leaving him dumbfounded.

Once I was in Frigga's chambers, I was surprised to see two maids already inside. I bowed dramatically to the Frigga, making her chuckle, and went over to the bed, where her dress was laid. It was a beautiful yellow gown, with a large skirt and sequins covering the cloth(1).

"Oh, Frigga this dress is absolutely stunning." I smiled as I ran my fingers over the soft cloth.

"The royal tailor is quite talented. Yours is the most elegant." She smiled as one of the maids started to style her hair.

I didn't exactly help Frigga as much as keep her from falling asleep during this daunting task of getting dolled up. Her hair was left in an intricate low bun, and her makeup was flawlessly done by one of the hand maids. I assisted Frigga into her dress, zipping her up and tightening up her corset underneath.

I was shocked when another hand maid entered the room, but she was holding a lavishly designed jade green dress. My mouth opened and closed like a fish when they directed me to Frigga's vanity, and started to style my hair to their liking. Frigga saw my shock, and smiled smugly from her chair in the corner.

The girls had applied some light, mostly natural makeup to my face, a red lip tying everything together. My hair was up of of my shoulders(imagine whatever style you'd like). My (h/c) hair being perfectly placed to make me look like a goddess, along with a few white baby's-breaths wedged into my hair to accent it. The maids had also secured diamond studded earrings in my ears(if your ears are pierced), and there was a simple, yet elegant necklace holding one decent diamond, falling to rest just below the hollow of my neck.