Thirty-one

Louis fixed Leo's shirt as he waited for Harry's plane to land. Louis brought his three youngest to the airport, currently standing in baggage claim, with him and left the rest for HJ and Andi to watch. Three twelve year olds and one nine year old shouldn't be too hard to watch.  Louis stepped back from the five year old and clapped his hands a bit.

"Okay Leo, make sure daddy can read your shirt," Louis smiled at him. The blue eyed boy who was a copy of Louis smiled back. He was wearing a shirt that said in big black letters "big bro". Louis was in fact pregnant again, and terrified. He knew that worrying wouldn't do anything so he tried to hide that. Harry would be landing any minute. He couldn't let Harry know he was worried.

When Louis saw Harry his face dropped. He could tell just by his eyes that he was in a low. With bipolar depression there are lows and highs. Any little thing could push Harry into a low, and it took a lot to get him back out. Since Harry started therapy and got a Lithium he's been a lot better, but medication and therapy can only help so much. When Harry got to the four he didn't even acknowledge them.

"Let's go," he said in a rough but low voice. Harry didn't stop he just continued to walk Louis tried to hold back...the tears? Yelling? Cussing? Honestly, probably all three. Louis grabbed Leo's hand and pushed the twins in front of him. They followed behind Harry.

Once they got to the van, Harry got into the passenger seat. He did not help Louis get the kids in the car. Harry just sat upfront with his arms crossed, staring into the distance. Probably thinking about how Louis secretly hated him and was only staying with him because of the kids. That was a common fear he had and it's usually the cause of a low. Louis knew this, and his knew nothing he could say would make Harry think otherwise until he was high again. Louis finally got into the passengers seat. He turned the car on and started to head home. It was about a 30 minute drive.

"Daddy you see my shirt," Leo asked. He smiled at Harry, who was looking at him through the rear view mirror. Harry rolled his eyes and looked out the window.

"I did, and I should care because," Harry muttered. His angry green eyes landed on his husband,"just another child to trap me," Harry said, hate in his voice.

To say Louis was taken aback would be an understatement. It took everything in Louis not to pull over and beat the shit out of his husband. Louis took a deep breath,"I can handle a lot of your bs during an episode, but I will not sit here and let you lie and insult me in front of my children. Most importantly, I will not let you talk to my child like that," Louis started,"that is a pile of bull shit and you know it. This baby was planned by you and me, and I won't let you pretend that it's not," Harry didn't say anything. He kept his arms crossed, the look still on his face. Harry hasn't been taking his meds.

Later that night Harry was shunned into the guest bedroom. Louis didn't want to be around Harry while he was in an episode, nothing he could say would change his mind. Louis rubbed Leo's back as he sang him to sleep. Harry's comment hurt Leo. He cried all night; he was sensitive. Leo stopped crying when he fell asleep. Louis, on the other hand, was wide awake. How much could he take. He thought about Kim and how she couldn't put up with Kayne's episodes anymore. He was afraid that would happen to him. The difference being Harry had bipolar depression while Kayne had bipolar mania. None the less, there was only so much one person could deal with.

Within a few days of Harry being back on medication, Harry was back. He felt terrible. Louis woke up to breakfast in bed three days in a row, and many, expensive gifts. Nothing could fix the fact that Harry snapped at one of his children. Louis was happy he was back, but still pissed.

"I told you I'm sorry Louis. I'm excited for this baby! I know you didn't get pregnant to trap me," Harry plead, on the fourth night of him being back to his normal self. He messaged Louis' left foot. Louis rolled his eyes.

"Harry, I don't care that you snapped at me and accused me of being a terrible person. I know how you get, you've been this way since day one of our relationship," Louis explained,"Our children don't understand that. Our five year old doesn't know that his daddy has bipolar, he doesn't even know what bipolar is. When you snap at our kids, they think it's something they did. They don't understand lows. They don't understand the little voice. All they understand is that you're their father and that you are mad at them."

Harry nodded,"I will never do that again," he crawled up to Louis and started to kiss him. Louis pushed him off.

"Heard that before," Louis turned to his side,"you're shit at keeping promises," Louis added. He pulled the covers up to his neck. Harry frowned at his husband.

"What can I say to make it better?" Harry asked. Louis shrugged.

"Alexa bedroom off," is all that Louis said in response. And like that, the lights were off. Harry groaned as he plopped down next to louis.

Louis woke up at 10. Which was extremely late. He was always woken up at 7am by on of his children. He walked out of his bedroom suspiciously. He was shocked to see Leo and Harry in the living room putting something together. With closer exception, it was a bassinet.

"Mummy, daddy and I are building this for the new baby," Leo said with a huge smile. He was wearing his big bro tee shirt. Out of everyone in the house, Leo was the most hyped for the new addition to the family. It was actually his idea to wear the big bro shirt,"daddy said he needed my help, and I was so happy to help because I'm going to be a great big bro,"he rambled. Louis knew his husband did not need help with putting the bassinet together or did he need to do it anytime soon, but he asked Leo to help because he knew Leo was over the moon about being a big brother.

"He's also going to come with us to see the baby," Harry added. Louis smiled at Harry. This didn't make everything better but it was a step forward,"Leo even has a list of names."

Leo nodded. He reached into his shorts pocket before pulling out an old McDonald's napkin. He gave the list to Louis. In red marker the list read:

Tod
Marc
Forg
Penni
Pan
Leo jr

Louis hummed,"these are great names," Louis gave the paper back,"frog is probably my favorite," Louis got up and looked around. The house was clean and the kids were getting along. Life was good, and he hoped it stayed that way.

*****

Harry's experience with bipolar come from me lol. Someone sneezing too hard can make me mad idk it's weird

We're also on the same meds 😎

Hope you enjoyed!