Thirty-Six

April 27th, 2030 (uh wtf)
A small hand gripping Harry's large bicep woke him up,"call the midwives. It's time," Louis grumble. Louis had been having contractions all day, but he was told to not call the midwives until they were 10 minutes apart. That hadn't happened yet, but his water had broken. The cloudy liquid solid the bed.

Harry's half asleep mind took about a second to process, but the minute the wet sheet's touched his bare leg he understood. His phone lit up the room as his fingers scanned the screen, Midwife Jane. He clicked the name.
One ring
Two rings
"Ello?"
"His water is broken," Harry said into the phone. Harry was panicking despite being a seasoned pro at being a birthing partner. Louis' groans echoed in the room.
"Be there soon," she stated before hanging up.
Louis breathed through his nose as intense contractions ran down his back and belly. Harry could see his lover's belly contract. Louis hummed to himself their wedding song as the contractions passed. That was something he did through every labor after the triplets. Younger versions of theirselves danced across the dance floor in his mind. Louis remember how he thought the triplets were going to be his last. He even remembered when he was a teenager only wanting five kids. It's funny how so much could change in  the matter of years. Louis' stared into the clueless eyes of 20 year old Louis at the first dance of his wedding. They had virtually no money at the time, but love was what held the home together. After Louis finished humming the last note the contraction slowed down.

"I love that song," Harry smiled,"it's been 13 years since our wedding," Harry kissed the top of his husband's sweaty forehead,"and I still love you like the first time I saw you in drama club."
"Mum, Jane is here," A sleepy HJ said through the door. Harry got up to let the lady in. She was an older women, probably around 65. Her grey hair was always clipped back with a claw clip and she always smelt like burnt sage. Her chakra necklaces chitter and chattered with every move she made. She was a little too "hippy dippy" for Harry's birthing taste, but her 30 years in midwifery and nursing degree shut him up fast. Louis loved Jane and the energy she brought. The pain of his contractions nearly went away with her there.
"Singing is good," Jane smiled at the two,"do you want him here?" She asked, her dark amber eyes flashed in HJ's direction. Louis shrugged.

"I don't care, but he probably doesn't want to see where he came out of," Louis let out the softest giggled. HJ nodded his head before bolting out the room, closing the bedroom door behind him.
Jane's thin eyebrows nearly touched her hairline while nodding her head,"well then, let's get this show on the road."
After three long ours of labor, and Louis pushing on all fours suggested by  Jane, their tenth baby was here. She was born in their bathroom while Andi and HJ watched the littles. Much like all new borns she looked like a little old women. Her hair slicked back by the fluid she lived in for nine months.
Louis laid on the bed shirtless while little Penelope slept on his chest.
"She looks like baby Andi," Louis giggled. He smelled the top of her head. Nothing was better then the sent of a new born. That was probably Louis main reason for having ten kids.
"Can't believe she'll be our la-" Harry began to say before Louis cut him off.
"Don't you dare finish that sentence. Every time you do I end up pregnant a week later," Louis gave Harry a death stare,"we don't need to put that energy into the universe."
Harry rolled his eyes,"Louis you just had a baby, it's literally impossible for me to get you pregnant right now."
"The universe always finds a way Harry."
*****
Penny's first and second week was amazing, but her third week was were shit hit the fan. She had colic. If she wasn't asleep, she was crying. It hurt Louis' heart to see his baby girl in pain, but he couldn't find a way to make her feel better. He did everything in the book to help. He was exhausted, and so was every one else in the house.
"This is why I'm jealous of my friend Jayden," HJ said as baby Penny screamed at the top of her lungs. His hands were firmly pressed against his ears,"he gets to go to his dad's house when his little siblings are annoying."
Andi laughed, but Louis gave him a death glare,"Jayden's dad also left his mom for an eighteen year old when he was thirty," Louis snapped back. He patted Penny's back softly as she cried. HJ ignored his mum's clap back and went back to his phone.
Harry was in the kitchen making dinner for the family. Britney Spears "Womanizer" played in the kitchen as he danced around. He remembered being a teenager when the absolute bop came out. His older kids hated when he played "old people music" but Harry wasn't old, he was in his early thirties. Leo on the other hand loved Britney Spears. He stood next to Harry dancing his little heart out. His dinosaur slipper covered feet tapped against the cold tile as the little boy sang along.
Tonight for dinner was a classic British dinner Toad in a hole. This was a staple for Harry growing up. His mum would make this if guest were coming over, or for Harry's birthday. He loved it. His children on the other hand were too use to American food because of Harry's love for it. They needed some English put back in them.
Louis came into the kitchen with a silent baby and wide smiled on his face. Penny laid on Louis' forearm with her head resting in his hand. He was holding her like an American football. Her bright green eyes looked all around the room and her wet face had a smile on it.
"She's not crying," Harry cheered. Louis nodded.
"Niall said when Storm had colic he rested Storm like this and the crying stopped. I didn't believe him but look."
Harry laughed at the chubby baby,"Leo, doesn't your sister look funny," Harry giggled. Leo nodded and stepped closer to her.
"Mommy holding her like a ball," he laughed. One hand covered his mouth and the other pointed at her,"mama silly."
"Yes love, mama is silly," Harry smiled.

Penelope Jade Styles.

****

Sorry for taking so long lots have happened in my personal life :)

How are yall today :))