2

"C'mon, Addy, pick up! Pick up!" I thought. I was almost leaping with excitement.

"Hello?"

"ADDY! You lit changed my life."

"I did? More than I have already?"

"I found a house! Well... you found it."

"Ooh... is it that modern three story lake house?"

"You know I can't afford that, nice try." I said, "it's the blue one! The three bedroom. I could legit walk to work and I have half an acre."

"Not to mention it's so cute!" Addy squealed. "Ooh.... TELL MOM!"

An hour later, my friends, Dad, and Callan were heaving my few pieces of furniture out into the U-haul truck I rented three days earlier. (It was two weeks since I first decided I wanted to move to Boston. I wanted to move as quickly as possible before I ran out of money.) Mom and Addy were claiming my refrigerated food (AKA fighting over the apple juice) and packing up my canned stuff and dishes.

In the range of sixty-four minutes and twenty-seven seconds my whole house was packed away except for my mattress and a bag packed with some stuff I would need for the trip.

I set my moving date: November 24th. One week. After Thanksgiving. I would mostly hang out with my family until then.

On Thanksgiving day I woke up to a surprise. I grunted as I rolled off onto the cold hard floor. I moped over to my suitcase, unzipped it, pulled out my clothes and was about to dress when I saw something outside. The entire ground was covered in a thick white blanket of fresh snow.

I groaned as I knew this would be hard for my trip the next day.

At my parents' house my dad and I tried to figure out if I should go tomorrow or not. The snow was at least two feet deep, not to mention all the drifts caused by the legendary Wyoming Wind.

"I think," Addy's husband, Packston, said, "that you should decide tomorrow when you see the conditions. But for now, let's eat this turkey!"

That brightened everyone's spirits. The turkey, buns, cranberry sauce, asparagus ("ewww!" Said James."), and potatoes were passed around the table. Everyone didn't want to talk about me moving away. It was hard to steer clear but in the end it was Hallie who started the conversation.

"Kinsley Harron bought forty-six Laffy-Taffies at the pool yesterday," she said, "she bribed all the fourth grade boys to do bellyflops off the high dive. The poor kids got hurt and one kid got knocked out."

"Weird!" Packston mused, "seventh grade girls are so mean."

Hallie laughed and knuckled her uncle softly.

"Where did she get the money?" Callan's wife Saydeigh asked.

"She cheated it out of some third-graders."

"Hallie!" Said her mother, "didn't you tell a lifeguard?"

"I didn't think of that."

Saydeigh slapped her face in frustration.

The next day the snow had melted almost completely and the roads were dry. My dad was calling me already.

"Hey." He said. "We'll stop by and say goodbye."

"Okay," I said.

Before I knew it I was on my driveway beside my moving truck and my family was awkwardly observing me. All of a sudden Hallie came and hugged me.

"Goodbye, Uncle Riley," she sniffed. "I'll come visit you in Boston."

After that nobody held it in. We exchanged a group hug. Addy was the last one to let go of me. She looked sad but there was a mysterious smile on her face.

"Bye, Rye." She said.

I hopped into my U-Haul truck and my family waved goodbye to me.

Thus began my long trip to Boston...

Well, well, well. Here I am on the biggest adventure of my life. Looking cool in my jeans and T-shirt, I faced the black asphalt with my head held high, remembering Wyoming.

My route was to stay in Des Moines, Iowa, then Chicago, then Buffalo, New York then arrive at my house.

The ten hour drive was exhausting, but I got by with my Dr. Pepper and Christian Radio.

When I arrived at Des Moines I shook myself out and opened my eyes for the first time and my jaw dropped.

In Wyoming, it was yellow grass and hills and large blue mountains and the prettiest sunsets ever. It was beautiful, Wyoming was. This Iowa, flat and a cornfield at every glance with spacious skies was gorgeous... but in a way different kind of way.

I walked into the hotel with my Wyoming Cowboys suitcase.

"Hi," I said to the front desk, "I'm here to stay at a reserved room for Riley Champton. Umm.. you've got a leaf in yer hair."

Before brushing off the leaf, the lady's jaw dropped at me. Then she laughed. "Are you frrrom the Wild West orrrr something?"

"Something like that." I said. Wow this lady really stressed her Rs.

The lady brushed the leaf off her head, but it stuck to her hand.

"What the worrrrld!" She sighed.

Weird. I thought. I say "what in the world."

I looked at her name tag. It said, Alizabeth Van Errin. She was tall and blond and looked very athletic.

"Rrrrroom twenty three." She said.

I trudged my way to the elevator and rode to the second floor. As soon as I got in my room I flopped on the bed and passed out.

I woke up and had eggs and bacon for breakfast. I talked to Mom on the phone as I made my way out on my way to Chicago.

I had been to Chicago before, but my hotel room had a perfect view of downtown so that was priceless.

I slept thirteen hours that night. I was exhausted.

After enduring New York, I made my last leg of the trip, not feeling very well.

When I was twelve miles away from my house, I had to stop at the gas station to be sick somewhere not in my truck. I got out of the gas station and looked at the U-haul truck.

I couldn't take this anymore.

I was not going to get back in that truck.

I didn't feel too good..

I...

I...

That's the last thing I remembered. I fell onto the parking lot in a heap.