Chapter 2

Previously.....

"Hey, Miyamoto. If you want, you can sleep on that futon I have." I smiled. "It's pretty comfortable. You might want to sleep since we have the chance."

"I'll take you up on that." She yawned a little. "Thanks."

She laid on the futon, and rested her head on her arms. Then she fell asleep. It made me smile to see. She shivered a little, so I took my team jacket off, and put it on her back.

"Sweet dreams." I smiled.

Real Time

Now it was time for me to get to work. I knew that I was going to have to leave to get to my house at some point. So, I went to the closet, and pulled out the fake wall that was in it.

Behind said wall was a few things. Hanging on the wall was some rock climbing harnesses, and anchors. Hanging from the ceiling was a spool of paracord that was 1000 feet long. Finally on the ground was a pair of boots, some tactical clothing, and a duffel bag. The contents being two gas powered nail guns, along with several spare canisters of gas for each of them, and about fifty something nail cartridges for them. There was also some improvised supports for said nail guns, but I knew that I wouldn't need them, and a few other things. MRE's, water purifying tablets, a mess kit, first-aid kit, a saw-back knife, grappling hook with 50 feet of paracord attached, and a magnesium flint stick. Oh there was also a paracord grenade, but we'll get back to that later.

"Alright. It's all here." I thought. "Good."

I looked over at my unconscious classmates and I just sighed.

"I'm sure that they'll just leave once everything settles." I thought. "So, don't get attached to them."

I just looked at Miyamoto's sleeping face and I couldn't help but smile. But, I realized something.

"I sure hope Takagi is okay." I thought. "Though, I bet she'd just call me a useless, loser otaku if I tried to have a conversation with her."

That caused me to sigh in defeat.

"I'll let them sleep for just a little longer." I thought. "Then we'll try and leave. At least. I'll try to leave. It shouldn't be hard with my rappelling equipment. The challenge is if there will be a way to get to the ground, and not be swarmed by those zombies. You know? That's a problem for future, Y/n. For now, I'm gonna change into this gear."

So, I took off my uniform, and put on the clothing I had in the closet. It was a pair of black cargo pants, with a pair of gloves, a utility belt, that doubles as a rock climbing harness, and a shirt that said; 'I told you so.'

"This shirt really does rub it in." I thought, looking at it.

I double checked my gear, and made sure there weren't any defects. Once it was all set, I grabbed the grappling hook, and my duffel bag. As I approached the door, the other two started to wake up.

"L/n? Where are you going?" Miyamoto asked.

"I'm going to try and head home." I answered.

"Dude! You'll die before you even make it out of the gates!" Komuro exclaimed.

"Listen." I stated. "I'm going to go down the side of the building. You two when you're ready get the fire hose, and use it to shoot the barricade away, it'll send 'them' flying and with hope, clear the way for you two to get to safety."

"How are you going to get down the side of the building?" Miyamoto asked.

"Oh, the rappeling equipment." I stated, pointing to the harnesses on the wall in the closet. "I can hook you up if you want to try it that way. If you're new at it, I suggest you just shoot the barricade with the hose, and run on foot. It'll certainly be easier. Now, if that's all for questions. I'll see you two later."