Chapter 5

Previously

"Maybe I was wrong." I thought. "Maybe there will be help coming after all."

"You're thinking that maybe you were wrong." Rei smiled.

"Yeah. You caught me." I smiled. "Hopefully, they'll be there, or be close by the time we make it to the station."

"I hope so too." She said.

"Well, let's get to the station." I smiled.

"Let's!" She smiled.

We continued for a little while longer, before Rei spoke again.

"Hey, Y/n?" She said.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"I'd be okay with it if I was your girl." She said, making me a blushing mess.

Real Time

With the others on the bus

Takagi P.O.V.

"Exactly, that's why we should secure a safe place first, then make moves together rather than making random moves on our own." Shido said. "Isn't that why you voted a leader?"

"Ugh, he's getting annoying." I thought. "If Y/n was here then he wouldn't be acting like this, he'd be sitting in the back as quiet as a mouse."

"Truly we should wait until we're ready to act as a disciplined group to confirm the safety of our family members. Going off half cocked on our own will only lead to inevitable tragedy."

"I'm getting further from him. I hate to have to do this, but I'm left with no choice." I thought.

I got up and sat in the seat in front of me which was next to Hirano, who was sound asleep and drooling.

"Hirano, wake up." I stated.

"Oh, Takagi. Is it morning already?" He asked.

"Yes, it's morning. And you're drooling." I stated.

"Oh." He said, wiping his face. "Sorry."

"We're probably better off going on foot." I stated.

"I think it's better to evacuate to the suburbs." Hirano stated.

"Cars are not the only way to get outta here." I stated, making something click in his head.

"The airport on the ocean! You're right!" He praised.

"It's far too dangerous to be anywhere in the city. I bet a bunch of people are trying to escape to some island, or some isolated area with some kind of strong military presence or something." I said.

"Like, Okinawa?" Hirano asked. "But the American military that's stationed there isn't there to fight..... Oh! But there's Self-Defense Forces."

"If the military has taken appropriate measures, then I'm betting Hokkaido or Kyushu should be okay too. If planes are leaving, then all the flights are heading to those areas." I claimed.

"So you think maybe we should head that way too?" Hirano asked.

"It's too late!" I snapped. "The areas with a heavy presence of Self-Defense Forces and American military may be managing to keep Them under control, but I'm sure they've already started to adopt a stern policy toward letting anybody else in. No, sooner or later, it's going to be that way everywhere in the world. I mean what would you do in the same situation?"

"I'd seclude myself." Hirano answered.

"What would happen if everyone in this world starts thinking that way?" I stated. "What if they start focusing only on keeping their community as small as possible in order to survive?"