Chapter: XII

If one were to ask when Roel was the happiest each day, the answer would certainly be right now. At the entrance of the mansion stood a silver-haired girl with arms spread wide. She hugged her brother, who had just returned from an exhausting day at his internship. Her slightly shy demeanour and exquisite looks formed great chemistry, producing an irresistible charm that drew others in.

"I'm back, Alicia."

Feeling a bit gleeful from receiving the slightly awkward little girl's sweet hug, Roel reciprocated by returning the hug while patting her head dotingly. As things would have it, Roel had a role to play in Alicia's current reaction. It was not too hard to imagine that Alicia was far from the kind of person who would actively hug others. She had a reticent and compo re, and her fam had brought her up to be a well-mannered and graceful lady. Other than her deceased father, she had never hugged anyone else before, But her cool demeanour was met with Roel's warmth. 

Every time he returned from work, he would greet this little girl with a warm hug. At the start, Alicia would stiffen up under his embrace, suffering from the culture shock. As time went by, though, she gradually grew used to it, and in the recent two days, she even began to hug Roel on her own accord.

Under Roel's influence, she was gradually becoming more proactive in expressing herself. Roel felt that this was one of the two important signs that Alicia was starting to accept him, the other one being how Alicia was addressing him right now.

"Big brother Roel, it's itchy. Hahaha!"

Roel mischievously blew at Alicia's neck, tickling her a little. Under his attack, the little girl who had matured earlier than her age ended up breaking out in laughter. Alicia changed the way she addressed Roel around a week after their first meeting. It was bound to happen, given how quickly they grew closer to one another. 

However, only when no outsiders were around would she address Roel as 'big brother on other occasions. She would go with a more formal.  "Lord Brother" In any case, these changes were a good sign as they showed that Alicia was slowly beginning to open up.

"My apologies. Did you dislike it?"

"N-no, that's not it."

Hearing Roel's concerned question, Alicia quickly shook her head, shimmering Silver hair swaying along with the movement. Her desire for warmth instinctively drew her to Roel, and after a moment of hesitation, she carefully buried her face into Roel's shoulders.

Just like that, the two children continued hugging one another. The maids around couldn't stop themselves from smiling upon seeing this sight, and the green light of Affection Points glowed above their heads. The young master and miss are as close as always as someone who had witnessed how the relationship between the two children slowly developed ever since their first meeting, Anna was the de facto captain of the 'Roel X Anna Ship, and she prayed fervently with all her heart that this ship would eventually set sail Roel took a discreet glance at the green light around him, pausing for a while, before finally and reluctantly parting with the adorable Alicia. 

It had been a while since this bizarre phenomenon started. Still, for some inexplicable reason, every single time he doted on Alicia, the nearby maids would suddenly release a wave of Affection Points for him. What was even more astonishing to him was that the amounts they were giving out were steadily growing over time!

This had been a shocking discovery to Roel. However, as baffled as he was by this occurrence, he welcomed it with all his heart. After all, this meant that he could harvest some extra Income from the side mobs on top of the main boss. That all being said, Roel wasn't just getting dose to Alicia for the sake of earning Affection Points. This was also necessary to protect her.