2.

- oh fuck. hes pretty.

Richie looked down at the much shorter boy, studying his freckles. Each one looked like a star searching for the other, his hazelnut eyes glowing in the dim lights of the halls. He had the most perfect eyebrows, seems to be he took care of himself well. His lips, as pink as a peach and oh so bittersweet. He is ethereal.

'Hes petite.' Richie thinks, before snapping out of it with a small, yet angelic voice, saying, "Hello? You there?" the small boy says with a chuckle.

"O-oh, uh, fuck im sorry. Its okay! No worries. I have to get to class." Richie says quicky, brushing softly against the smaller boys fragile shoulder as he walked past, ducking his head down to hide the small peach blush spread across his cheeks.

///

"And then i just- panicked. And walked away."

"Walked away?! Richard Tozier are you kidding me? You finally talk to a boy and you walked away?"

"Bev- cmon. Cut the old man some slack, i havent even confessed that im fucking his mom yet."

Bev shoots him a deep glare, before rolling her eyes and reaching out with a tray in her hands, the lunch lady filling each square with something new. "You gonna eat?"

"Nah, ate this morning." Richie says with a smile, recieving a small yet assuring nod back.

He follows the red-headed girl to their lunch table, sitting down between Bev and Stan. "Stan my man! How'd the Algebra test go?"

"Fucking flunked it." Stan says with a frown, pushing his tray away. "And we even studied together! What the fuck!"

"Wait- you studied with Richie and thought you'd pass?" Bev says with a confused look, before getting kicked in the ankle by Richie.

"Pardon me maam, lets not forget i am a straight A student, thank you very much."

"Yeah yeah. Anyways, do you guys want to hang out at the quarry later?" Bev asks, taking a bite of her apple.

Stan and Bill both nod. "I'll bike to Mikes after school, see if he can tag along." Stan replies.

"C-can i come with?" Bill asks, studdering over his words. "Yes, of course you can. How about 5pm?"

"Works for us."

///

After Stan and Bill talked with Mike, all 3 of them hopped on their bikes, making their way to the quarry to meet the the other 2.

at this time of day, the sun shines gold, as the trees swaying at the same rythym. these are the kind of days the losers enjoy most. the memories in making, the sceneary.

the losers are the type to make every memory feel like a movie. music playing as they swim around, splashing each other in the water and playing the funnest games like chicken or truth or dare, all the nastiest dares like drinking the quarry water or licking the wet sand.

once, richie dared bill to eat a handfull of sand that lied under a dead fish. he was sick to his stomach for days. but, thats what makes it fun, right?

richies type of fun.

///

"Hey! Is that Eddie and Ben?" Bev asks, swimming to shore and waving. "Eddie! Stan!" She yells, waving them over.

"Wait- you know him?"

/// hey asshats c: sry for a short chapter a g a i n, im so fucking excited for this book yall have no idea. thought i'd be nice and start out the story nice, slow, and happy
yall just w a i t
also im rly lazy to proof read, very professional i know.
farewell! -B