3 | library

"You should have let me drag the bitch

"You should have let me drag the bitch." Genie spoke after Althea had told her about her confrontation with Marlene. Lily, Alice and Jordan had all agreed the girl but knew violence wasn't the answer.

Althea rolled her eyes, "I wasn't going to stoop down to her level." Marlene had ruled with fear and intimidation and the last thing Althea wanted was for her to think they were the same. Althea had come a long way and wasn't going to become the person that Marlene liked to toy with, she was better than that.

"You could have at least slapped her." Jace spoke. He was so proud of his sister for standing up to her bully after so long. He hated the control that Marlene had over her but he was glad it was finally over and that she could stand up for herself. The effects of the bullying she had been through would last a long time but she wasn't alone and he would do everything he could to protect his sister.

Althea shook her head, "As much as I appreciate how protective you all are of me, I can take care of myself. I stood up to her, for the first time ever I stood up to her. Hitting her was never going to be the answer, but hitting her with the truth where it hurt, that was so much more satisfying. Words have power and sometimes they affect you no matter how much you say they don't but I looked her in the eye and was able to tell her she didn't have any power over me." Nothing could prepare her for how proud she felt when she stood up to Marlene.

Jace moved to hug his twin sister, "I am so proud of you. Standing up to your bully is never easy but you did and you made sure she knew never to mess with you again. You have shown so many people that standing up for yourself can happen, even if its not easy. I'm so proud of you." After everything she had been through, he could see the change in her. She was happier, stronger and healthier and he was so proud watching her on this journey.

"I am so proud of you." Alice smiled as she held Althea's hand. Alice knew her cousin had been through a lot and watching her smile and be genuinely happy was something beautiful to watch.

Lily watched as everyone looked proudly at the young Ravenclaw. So much had changed in the past year. Lily had always thought the Marauders were good guys, despite all the pranks they pulled but after finding out what they had all done to Althea, she saw a side to them she wished she never had. They were rude, bullies, demanding and thought everything should see them as gods. Lily was glad she stayed clear of them but with her blossoming relationship with Jace, she knew she'd have to face them eventually. Sitting, listening to Althea, she had never met anyone that had so much courage.

"You know, I've never met anyone who was so courageous yet so humble about it." Lily smiled as Althea blushed at the compliment.

"That's right. My bitch put her in her place." Jordan yelled as everyone laughed at his statement.

"Must you be so weird?"

"Only for you, darling."

"Well hello beautiful

"Well hello beautiful." James smirked as he looked at Lily.

Althea and Lily had decided to study together for their Charms essay. The evening had started off pretty nice and quiet until the Marauders had turned up of course. Althea did what she could to ignore them but was slowly growing uncomfortable as Sirius kept staring at her. She didn't know what to say or do so she just kept writing her essay while Lily tried to get them to leave.

"Just piss off Potter."

James leaned closer to her, "I heard you're dating someone." Sometimes Lily hated how quickly gossip spread but she wasn't going to let James intimidate her or think he could ruin her happiness. Jace was a great guy and he treated her right.

Lily rolled her eyes, "What I do is none of your business. I'm happy and I think that peeves you off because its not with you. Well, news flash Potter, I was never yours. So grow up and just leave me alone." Lily felt proud of herself for finally standing up to him and his advances.

"You don't mean that." James scoffed.

Lily placed her book down as she looked him in the eye, "Yes I do. I'm seeing a guy that's the sweetest person ever, he cares about me and what I want. He doesn't push me into something that I don't want to do and he actually listens to me. I don't want you James and the quicker you realise that I'll never be yours, the better for the both of us."

James looked at her in shook as she stood up to him. He never thought Lily would reject him the way she had. Usually she brushed him off or told him to piss off but listening to her tell him she had found someone new, he was not happy. He grew even more angry as he watched Althea take Lily's hand to comfort her.

"It's her fault, isn't it?" He said as he glared at Althea.

Said girl looked at him confused, "What are you talking about?"

Before he could reply, a voice spoke up from behind them all, "I suggest you watch what you say next, Potter."

Althea sighed in relief when he realised it was Kazz standing behind her, Lily rubbing her knuckled to show her support. She wasn't alone. James and Sirius glared at said boy as he walked over to his girlfriend and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"What, your little girlfriend can't protect herself?"

"She doesn't need my protection but I sure as hell wont let you think you can talk to her the way you want."