12 | vision

The next couple of days had gone rather fast

The next couple of days had gone rather fast. Althea was still struggling but she was getting through it with the support of her family and friends. It had been hard, sometimes feeling like she wasn't getting anywhere but had to remember that it was a working progress and sometimes it was going to be hard. The past couple of days she felt like she wasn't in her own body while she slept, like she was floating. It had finally all made sense on night:

"What are we going to do? She's not going to agree to help us now." Someone spat.

"She'll have no choice by the time I'm done with her. When she finally comes into her powers, she won't know where to turn and I'll be right there." A sinister voice spoke. Althea couldn't help but think that she knew the voice and that scared her more than anything. What did he want with her?

Another person scoffed, "And why the hell would she turn to you? She doesn't trust anyone, including herself. Besides, why do we need a child? We can finish this."

"Because she'll be terrified and no one will have the answers she's seeking. She'll be terrified and too scared to answer the questions she needs answering. I can manipulate her into what we need, make her the perfect pawn. She can win this war for us. We need her to win this war for us. By the time I'm done with her, she will be begging to help us and no one will miss her." The sinister voice continued to speak as he walked into view of Althea and she gasped in shock when she realised who it was.

Dumbledore.

She really should have known it was him. He had been watching her for the past few weeks, making her uncomfortable, like he knew something she didn't. She had always had a bad feeling about the old man, especially after what happened during the trial but she didn't think he would go this far. That's a lie, she had always known there was something off about him.

"And how can you be so confident that she'll do it."

Dumbledore smirked, "If I have to kill everyone she cares about, I will. I will mole her into our little pawn, even if it means I have to break her down slowly to build her back up. She is the answer to end all of this. We will get what we want and no one will suspect us." He had no idea how wrong he was. She was not about to let him win. She had been through too much to let him take her away from the people she cared about. She had suffered to much, to long in her own mind especially, to let an old twat win and take the remainder of her strength away from her.

"What if anyone tries to stop us?"

"I will do whatever it takes to win this."

"Why are we all here?"

Althea had asked her brothers, boyfriend and friends (Genie, Jordan, Alice and Frank) to join her in the Room of Requirement after dinner. She knew she had to tell them about what she say as she wouldn't be dealing with it on her own when it finally happened. Something was definitely going on with her but she didn't know what nor did she know how to deal with it, maybe her friends and family could help.

Kazz grabbed her hand, halting her in place, "What's going on?"

Althea sighed before looking at her friends, "I think Dumbledore wants to turn me into a weapon." When she had finished speaking, there was a series of protests and shouts of anger. Jace, Regulus and Kazz were furious to find out what Dumbledore wanted to do with her. The rest were in shock and had no idea how to respond so she explained. She went into detail what she saw, what she thought it meant and what she had been going through for the past couple of weeks. Then the questions came.

"Why didn't you say anything?"

"Wait, you have visions now?"

"What the hell is wrong with that old bat?"

"Why would he use you?"

"Wait, you have powers?"

Althea rolled her eyes before sighing and sitting down on Kazz's lap, "Come on guys, give me a chance to breathe." She had been unable to sleep since the vision she had and her nerves had gotten the best of her. She couldn't stop looking over her shoulder, flinched anytime someone mentioned Dumbledore and she wouldn't stop shaking. It had taken a lot of courage to open up to her friends but she knew it was the right thing to do.

Kazz rubbed her back to help her calm down, "Breathe love. No matter what happens, we will help you through it. That old man will never get his hands on you." He was fuming, trying to keep his anger in check as Althea looked like she was about to pass out at any moment.

"Kazz is right, that old man has no idea who he is dealing with." Jace spat.

Regulus looked at the young witch that he called his sister, "What are you going to do?" He was scared. Scared that he might lose the best sibling he had ever had. Scared that whatever was after her might come after him and other people she cared about. But more importantly, he was scared for her.

Althea sighed, "Honestly I don't know."

"Why don't you talk to your parents? Maybe they have an idea about these powers you're getting, it could be hereditary or they might know who to talk to?" Lily suggested. She was still in shock that Dumbledore would do something like this, especially to someone so young and innocent.

"How can we help?" Genie asked. She and Jordan were shaking with anger as they watched their best be so terrified of someone that was supposed to protect her.

"Be there. I can't do this alone."

"We are not going anywhere, he is never going to get his dirty old hands on you."