Number Ten

Practice had been going on for nearly a month now. Natsu waiting at the gates of the school for Matsumomo. When she spotted her she yelled at her to hurry up. They were getting there around the same time as most people for the club. Changing into shorts and a tank top. Natsu was ready for morning practice. Brushing her hair up into a ponytail. One of their managers walked in carrying a box. It was Hayashi Tsuna. Opening the box, she called over the first years.

"These are Niiyama sweatshirts. You'll get your jackets later." She took out six of them, handing them to each of the first years. "If the sizes are wrong. Let me know, I'll get you a new one." Looking at the sweatshirt it was the same bright red as their jerseys. On the back was written Niiyama Joshi. Finishing admiring the jacket, Natsu slid it on. Looking at the fellow first years they all seemed to be doing the same thing.

The coaches walked in, the other manager was also carrying a box. "Girls sit down." The taller coach yelled while putting the box down. Natsu recognized her, that was the one who was watching their game. Coach Matsuo had dark eyes, long dark hair that covered her ears. The other coach opened the box. Natsu, Naito and Matsumomo didn't know much about her other than her appearance. Dirty blonde short hair, small ears that had a hole in them for her piercing.

"When coach Matsuo calls your name, you'll get your number too. These will be your numbers used for our practice match on Saturday."

"Yes Coach Kojimama." The upperclassman responded. A couple asking who the practice match was against.

"We'll tell you that Friday. We don't want you to start getting lazy with your opponent. Even though you never should because an opponent could change in an instance so always put your all in."

"Okay let's get going. Number one, Amanai Chiaki." Matsuo spoke with a loud voice to get their focus. Their captain stood up walking up to the coaches taking her uniform, before sitting back down.

"Number two, Ogawa Ibuki." Standing up her light brown hair swung back and forth in its ponytail.

"Thank you coach." Holding the uniform close to her, she sat down next to Amanai.

"Ono Maemo, number three." Following the steps of the two previous girls. Ono grabbed her uniform sitting next to the captain and vice-captain.

"Number four, Asano Mitsuki." This was one of the third years that Natsu hadn't met yet. She recognized her because she was playing with Oka yesterday during the three on threes. She had auburn hair, and felt more serious compared to the others she had met.

"Thank you." She said with a bow. Asano straightened out the creases on her uniform as she sat down.

"Number five, Hano Mina. Make sure you get the right color with her; she's a libero." Matsuo said to Kujimama.

"Thank you coaches." Mina said with a light bow. Unlike the four before her, the uniform in her hands was black with white on the side and white number 5 in the middle.

"Six, Kaya Rin." Natsu assumed she was a second year student, due to when they were getting snacks yesterday. She wasn't in the group of third years.

"Thank you captain." Kaya started a new line behind her captain. Swatting at Mina's hand when she went to steal her glasses. "Knock it off, you Elmo doll." The rest of the team stopped themselves from laughing. They didn't want to run laps halfway through this.

"Seven, Ida Haruka." She walked up. Slightly bowing.

"Thanks coach." She quickly hurried over and sat next to Kaya. They whispered at a low volume.

"Number eight, Kaya Emi." Natsu made sure to get a good look at her before looking over at her shoulder at number six. Rin who's hair was black while Emi's was an ash blonde. They didn't look all too similar but Natsu could see it.