chapter 1 - who?

☁️

beomgyu woke up by the sounds of birds singing cheerfully outside his house. he smiles as the sun shines, peeking through his close curtains.
he stretches and yawns, releasing a sigh of joy
"good morning!" he greets to himself, a smile still plastered on his face.
he looks to his side "good morning toto!" he pets its head lightly, "good morning gyu!" it responds back.

beomgyu smiles again and gets off from bed. he stretches for one last time and draw opens the heavy curtains and let some sunlight in.

mornings are not usually beomgyu's favourite. he hates mornings to say the least but today was especially exceptional.

beomgyu just came back from the states after 3 years and he was more than excited to see his friend again. although now he has to move to a new school, he care less as long as his only friend was at the same school as him, which he was.

"it's going to be a wonderful day toto!" he grabs his towel and ran to the bathroom.

he check his looks again for the fourth time in the standing mirror and ran down the stairs like he's been chased by a lion

"bye mum. bye dad. by toto." he fumbles with his shoelaces

"woah woah what's the rush? you still have 30 minutes before school starts. eat some breakfast first!" he heard his mother yelling from the kitchen

he sighs and went back inside again, eating his pancakes in one bite.

"DONE! bye *chews* mum. bye *chews* dad. bye *chews* toto"

and before his parents could even say a word again, he had already left the house.

"well he's in a rush" his father lets out a giggle.

"i guess he's just so excited to meet his friend again. it's been 3 years since we left Korea. they must've missed each other so badly..." her mother feels bad for taking beomgyu with them. but he was only a 13 year old naive boy that time and they couldn't just let him stay at home alone. they had no other close relatives living on the big city of Seoul.

⋰ ⋱☁️⋰ ⋱ ☁️⋰ ⋱☁️⋰ ⋱ ☁️ ⋰ ⋱☁️⋰ ⋱

beomgyu skipped to school as he whistles a tune. the school was a bit far from his house but he didn't mind. as he arrived at the school gate, a big smile plastered on his face as he was welcomed by a familiar warmth he used to feel whenever they meet.

"BEOMGYU I MISSED YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH" yeonjun wraps his arms tightly around him

beomgyu chuckles "i miss you too hyung" he hugs him back

"i miss you more! don't ever leave me again, okay?" yeonjun pouts, holding back his tears

"alright hyung. now let me go! i can't breathe.. " beomgyu dramatically grabs his chest as if his lung's about to fall from the ground.

yeonjun rolls his eyes "same old beomgyu" and smiles

they both laughed. he really misses his friend. the whole time when he was at the state, he didn't have a lot of friends only a few close ones. plus, it was hard for him to communicate in languages that he doesn't use on a daily. of course his english was precise, but it's way more comfortable speaking in your own mother language.

"so how was life in New York?" yeonjun ask as they enter the school

"it was great. everyone was nice, made a couple of friends... i had so much fun at new york honestly! though i could've wished you were there with me.. then it would've been more lively!" he pouted thinking about all the things they could do there together.

yeonjun saw the sad look on his friend's face and try to cheers him up "hey, how about this? After we finish school and get a job, let's go travel and live in an apartment together! sounds good? "
beomgyu lift his head and nods in agreement. they both made pinky promises until one of the students approaches them.

"you must be choi beomgyu, right?" she smiled looking at the unfamiliar male right in front of her.

"ah.. yes! and you are?" he pointed at her, not trying to be rude though.

"I'm Hwang Yeji! I'm the student's vice president, here to help you!" they shook hands and smile

"Hey yeji! it's alright, i can handle it from here!" he gave her a thumbs-up but the other shooks her head instead

"I'm sorry yeonjun, but I'm afraid i have to reject your request. the last time when i did that to the other students i almost got resigned from this position." she smiled sadly to them.

"oh.. alright then..." he pouts. he really wanted to show beomgyu around. but he also understands how meaningful this position as a vice president is for yeji.

"it's okay hyung, we'll have lots of more time together later!" beomgyu pats his shoulder.

"okay then. well, see you at lunch!" he smiled and bid them a goodbye.

beomgyu giggles and waves at him.

"shall we?" yeji smiles at the taller male.

beomgyu smiles back at her "lead the way" he gestures in a prince like manner.

the school was huge, bigger than his old school. he expected to get lost in it, but he'll try his best to remember every corridors and every rooms.

"first floor is for 7th grade. down the hallway to the right is where the authority room is located."
beomgyu listens attentively as he made a note in his head.

they continued the tour with beomgyu forgetting half of what has been told by her.

☁️♡☁️

"thanks for the tour, yeji" he bowed to her and gave a smile.

"your welcome! just doing my job!" she smiled back

before he could even wave her goodbye and enter his class, he was startled by the screaming sound coming from one of the students.

beomgyu was shocked and confused "what's happening?"

he saw the students racing down the stairs like they just saw jeon jungkook or something

she sighs "it's huening kai again" she shakes her head and starts walking down the hallway.

" kai who? "

⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱ ⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱ ʚɞ ⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱ ⋰ ⋱⋰ ⋱

finally! i get to publish this one.

this story was supposedly for my beomkai oneshot but then my ideas expanded and then i thought "i should make this one a book" because it was super long for a oneshot.

anyways, i will be continuing my oneshot ofc, just expecting some slow updates! 😅

that's all from me (◕▿◕✿)

- hyukacanpunchme 🌱